Back to the track

ttypewhite

Last time out I saw that the datalogs were showing the car was extremely lean. I called my buddy Jack at Racetronix and told him what my issue was. He told me to bring the car over and do some tests. Turns out the Acufab regulator was no good. It was bleeding off and not going up one to one with boost.

So instead of replacing it, we pulled the rails off, capped the regulator, added a Y block and fed each rail individually with the new Racetronix regulator at the back of the intake. Did some more tests and all was good.

Loaded the car back up and went back to the track. first pass was a 9.46@145mph with a 1.42 sixty foot

2nd second pass I cleaned up the program a bit more and it ran 9.44@146mph with a 1.38 sixty foot

last pass pass it ran another 9.46@146mph with a 1.39 sixty foot.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Now onto my rant . . .
Accufab has had issues for a while with their junk. I dont have any issues with Accufab because they are too stupid to know better. I DO have issues with big name board vendors who are aware of the issues and continue selling that junk, without return possibility for this junk. To me, that is sinply unethical business practice.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Now onto my rant . . .
Accufab has had issues for a while with their junk. I dont have any issues with Accufab because they are too stupid to know better. I DO have issues with big name board vendors who are aware of the issues and continue selling that junk, without return possibility for this junk. To me, that is sinply unethical business practice.

I was unaware of any issues with Acufab products. We have had this regulator on the car for over 12 years with no issues. They also have a kit to rebuild it with a new diaphragm if it goes bad, which is a pretty good option instead of scrapping it and buying a new one for x3 the cost. i think Acufab makes a pretty solid product between that and their throttle bodies. The vendor is just the middle man that takes the hit when things don't go as planed. They bring the problem to the company they got it from and because they don't move thousands of dollars of their product a month, their told to whistle.... It's a shitty spot to be in for a vendor, and with a small community as this, It's hard to keep your head above water now a days in this industry.

So, you run alky on the street? and then C16 at track?

Yes sir. I know that the alky makes more power then the C16 on the dyno in my car, but I guess I'm a creature of habit and feel more comfortable with C16. One day I will grow a set and try it.

I haven't thought about switching over like that. I run alky on the street but, I would feel more comfortable running C16 at the track. So, how do you keep the alky from coming on when you make the switch? Unplug the alky pump? What about tune?

I haven't thought about switching over like that. I run alky on the street but, I would feel more comfortable running C16 at the track. So, how do you keep the alky from coming on when you make the switch? Unplug the alky pump? What about tune?

I have 2 separate tunes for the car. One for pump gas and alky, the other is for C16. Razors kit has box with a dial on it. I just turn it off when I'm at the track.

Yes, that was at St Thomas

I didn't realize they were open in Nov. I looked at their schedule, and only shows up to Oct. We've certianly had some nice weather the start of November. I've never been to St. Thomas dragway......maybe I'll check it out next year. Thanks Mike