Barrett Jackson Gn $40k

lets just hope the new owner loves it and DRIVES IT ! no matter how much they paid if there happy thats all that matters. enough said

Collectors vs Enthusiast vs Investors

I love it when a nice car sells for a nice price, especially if I owned the car.
First, I know quit a few collectors of "Musclecars", "Vintage Cars" and Buicks. A collector, to certain degree, doesn't care what he pays for what he wants as long as he gets what he wants. That's why cars sell for so much at these auctions. The are highly public and a lot of collectors show up.

Enthusiast buy the cars, drive them, race them and take them to shows. There is no way in H*** I would drive a GNX everyday with the double load of stupid thats on the road these days.

Investors are smart in buying valuable, rare and highly desirable cars. Cars are like land, only set number of them made, and through attrition, they will be fewer abailable in the years to come.

I won't speak my opinion on people takin jabs at others. If any one could legally make millions and have access to every type rare car ever built with a inside scoop, I would do it. Rich and drivin a quick TB, with a hottie for a wife.........what's wrong with that.

Yeah the entusiast get screwed because what was once within economic reach becomes unobtainable. That's life. I had the chance to buy a 69 Z28 in 1988 for $3500. Then it was a wore out old Camaro with a noisy 302. I told the guy he was crazy and offered him $1500. 15 Years later, the car was in even worse shape, and the car sold for $95000.

If you can afford to buy a TB and park it, do it. No more will be made. More will be wrecked or stripped and at some point some one will recognize that the Buick was nasty ass sleeper from inception to the final GNX to roll off the assembly line.

Don't be bitter because this guy actually had the "balls" to run his car through a no reserve auction, he got lucky and got ALL the money, I was there at the auction and the WE4 was in way nicer shape and went for only 25...Its the luck of the draw in a no reserve auction. I almost **** myself when the hammer dropped at 40k on a thursday nite, but I'm not pissed at Barrett Jackson, or the consigner, nor the winning bidder... Now lets drop this whole subject!!!!

I saw both those cars when they sold at Barrett Palm Beach in 2007, and there is no way the WE4 was in way nicer shape. Unless the seller fixed everything before he sent it in From the pictures shown on the Barrett site, it looked the same as the day this dealer bought it. The fillers were terrible, all oxidized . The antenna was stuck in a half up position. There was a crack in the front fiberglass nose The paint was not in very good shape. My car was parked right in front of the WE4 at Palm Beach for 4 days in 2007, so I know the car.

The interior of the WE4 was beautiful, but that would be expected from a car that was never driven.

The WE4 was overpriced when it sold for $34K at Palm Beach. It was overpriced when the dealer who bought it wanted $50K for it, and it was still overpriced when it sold at Scottsdale for $29K.

Twinvipers can vouch for the $40K car better than I can, since he was the previous owner.

RE: I Agree

My first car wa a we-4 car. which I had no idea what it was.It had factory t-tops. I hate them ...Please a personell note...I have a 4,105 GN.
I understand when peole get upset over anwe-4 car pulling more than a GN.

I let one guy come to look at a stock wiring. I knew him and was in a jam.
I bought a white Limited with 160,000 miles for so little. Thatthought jeez
They only made 1,35 of these. This car was running and owned by a woman who buick was going to steal. 1/2 mile fom me. I never saw one. And thought it was a fake wit a gn hood. After spending a Sunday, looking and asking.

I knew what a limited was. She had the original purchase papers. Bought DEC. 1988 it had 15 miles.maybe a demo or owner or dealers ride.
I have gone an replace everything.Body was solid no glass. I'm going to drive it. I think it is a 7 car. meaning 10 perfect. You have to have more money than I do to do this. But GOD I love waxing the GN and going out a few miles at a time to fall in love with it. A priest stopped me getting gas.
Oh GOD I thought now what. He said it was a beautiful car. But didn't know what it was. What a high. I said his black jacket and white collar. looked good next to it. Was wishing I had a camera. I still think people on awhole have not placed this car in it's proper place.1987 injection,turbo charging computers.....well I'll stop...WIsh I could have saved more or be except my gn.
I am still in awe pulling the cover.of. Put set coversfirst day.cover for wheel
And a cover. Overkill, maybe...But i"m poor