Best header bolts

Because he kept talking about his non stock headers like they used the same fasteners as the stockers do.

On factory headers you have two different length bolts, two different length studs (on the DS only) and metrics on the X-over pipe.

guys , im looking for a set of these for atr headers, running stock bracket , alternator and ac. can you all pm me price on what these kits go for please if still out there

Replaced my stock header bolts with SS studs from McMaster Carr. I would have to look at my build sheet to get the part numbers and/or other info.

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but the stock bolts are excellent as the captured washer keeps them from loosening.

On alum heads I prefer studs, actually long set screws with an allan head and flanged nuts.

The twisting and pulling force on alum threads with bolts can easily ruin the threads.

Set I sent to Texas recently

027b55b3687c76e0589359ef6f834aef.jpg

f917ac871d461e38709650a33f03cd77.jpg

Just my opinion, but the stock bolts are excellent as the captured washer keeps them from loosening.

On alum heads I prefer studs, actually long set screws with an allan head and flanged nuts.

The twisting and pulling force on alum threads with bolts can easily ruin the threads.

Stainless studs and nuts?

I got my stainless sets from Earl Brown. Header bolts and think i bought a stainless set for the water pump or front cover, they all worked great and looked nice. Plus the price was good and if i remember they came with pictured instuctions but it has been a while.

I bought the best high tech bolts i could find at Home Depot back in 2001 and I still use them today. They serve the intended purpose.

I do use 2 studs on each header though,it makes it easier to install them.

My brother bought his off Ebay from Earl Brown. My brother is a picky and meticulous sob. He was very happy with Earl's kit. Looks easier to retorque also vs the stock stuff.