Big problem!

Ok an little update...

The IC was NOT leaking. Yesterday I was going to take out the IC. When the hose that connects the IC and the lower inlet tube to the TB almost falled of with me doing nothing, I draw a conclusion... The hose sits bad. So I thightened it and I was back in boost!

I now have changed back to stock maf. My blms at idle is like 110-115, wich is not good... My o2:s in idle is ok 350-450. My WOT o2 is like 820 or something... But... when I have driven a bit and the engine is warm, the o2:s go like 800-850 cycling... then going back to 200-500-045-600 as it "shall" do. But under a long time it is high 700-to low-mid 800. And the BLM is also mostly on 115... What can be wrong now ?? Maybe I had a small leak in my former IC ? I shall change back to my LT1 maf and translator to see if there is any change. The car goes pretty good under boost, and mostly during normal cruise to.

Daniel

Ok, have now changed back to the LT1 maf and translator. The blms are steady at 128 now, IAC is in the 40:s and tps seems to be ok at 0.46.

It seems like it idle better... The o2:s were in the beginning 400-500. After a while (when coolant was 130) the o2 was in the 600:s... Is this normal ?

Well maybe the stock maf was just bad... Hope so. I will take a drive and see how it goes.

Daniel

Someone who knows if the BLM shall be stable during cruising ? I have checked the blm and its like 118 for the most times, going up to 123 and then 128... Sometimes its 130-140... Is this normal during normal driving condtions ?

I know that in idle the BLM shall be set to 128 for the best performance.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Yes the BLM's can move all around depending on driving conditions. It is normal. Try and keep the BLM's at around 128 +/-15. Same thing for the idle BLM.

Your numbers look ok.

Regards,
Eric

Since I changed to a stock GN IC instead of my stock TTA IC I want to have your attention on one thing...

The GN IC is much worser... I cant drive at the same boost as I did with my original IC. If I do, the KR shows about 6-9 on Scanmaster 2 against 2-3 with my stock IC. Well... my "new" IC has 80 k on the clock while my original had 21 k, maybe that needs to be said. I will probably put a big neck on it and after that it will be better than my stock one.

Daniel

have you cleaned the new 80K IC. If there is oil residue in there it'll degrade theaircharge picking up particles and what not. Give it a good cleaning. I'm starting to think Razor was right and the only way to cool a TTA's intake charge is to do it chemically. I do not have any real data on my fmic setup yet, but after I get it on the stand and pasted back together and reinstall we'll find out.

Maybe running that E85 fuel will help, alcohol absorbs more heat during the atomization process so that with the stock IC may help.........

I am interested in selling the roller, but haven't found any real interest in it. So I'm gonna put it on the stand clean it up reinstall the heads with felpros or mls gaskets and put er back in.....

Yes I cleaned it the first thing I did. When I got it the oil just flowed over me when I took it out of the package :)

So I took some laquer or what its called in english and cleaned a couple of times until it was clear colour.

Yeah I am also thinking on E85... many people try this in my TA club now. But I am afraid of the fuel pump and the fuel hoses... On a old car like this, it might need to be changed before starting with it ?

I will try some denatured ethanol in Razors alky kit to see how much boost I can increase. I know methanol is better but its much harder to find for me.

Daniel

Swede2 said:
Yeah I am also thinking on E85... many people try this in my TA club now. But I am afraid of the fuel pump and the fuel hoses... On a old car like this, it might need to be changed before starting with it ?

You certainly not read anything about E85. If You´d done that, You´d know that gasoline is more erodive to fuellines and gaskets than ETHANOL is. METHANOL on the other hand is MUCH worse than gasoline.

Do Your search, Daniel!

Lunkan said:
You certainly not read anything about E85. If You´d done that, You´d know that gasoline is more erodive to fuellines and gaskets than ETHANOL is. METHANOL on the other hand is MUCH worse than gasoline.

Do Your search, Daniel!

I knew about the Methanol :) But since several people have reportet sucess now and have run the E85 for years it might be worth to try it next year. I will go for a 50/50 blend.

Daniel