Blower motor issue

Angermgt

Quick question! My blower motor quit working on any speed. I checked the motor and it is fine. I replaced the resistor and it worked for one day and then quit working again. Does the power go to the resistor and then to the motor or does it go to a relay then the resistor and on to the blower motor. I haven't dug any deeper into it yet so looking for some pointers. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The blower motor power starts at the dash switch (capt obvious here), then goes to the resistor array mounted in the A/C box under the hood.

The output from the resistor array goes through the normally closed (NC) contact of the relay (on A/C box), then on to the blower motor.

With the dash switch on high that activates the relay and sends battery+ directly to the blower motor via the normally open (NO) relay contacts.

Clear as mud?

RemoveBeforeFlight

Yes I figured it was pretty basic but wanted to make sure before I assumed lol. Thank you for the details

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I assume you checked the A/C fuse. From there it goes to the A/C control head then the blower switch and resistor pack, then to the relay, then the blower motor. In high speed mode the blower motor gets powered through the relay and fusible link assuming the relay is good and powered by the blower switch. Check the C493 connector. It's a common failure. It's located down by the right inner fender.

A common problem with the blower motor not working is the main wire connector plug for the AC which is under the hood and comes up at the pass inner fender.

This connector described above provides power to the AC blower. It has one main power pin that is subject to corrosion and will not complete the power circuit.

The plug is hard to access as you need to pull it up to reach it, and then take it apart and clean the pin and socket on the power wire.