Bob Bailey ignition module

we4Mateo

Double you eee what?
I was at the open house at Casper's this past weekend and Bob Bailey was there with a replacement ignition module for TRs that uses modern coil packs ie 6 LS1 coils mounted together or a $50 coil pack off a late model 3.9L Impala. All are more reliable with higher output than our stock packs. He stated he's hoping to have it available this Spring. I didn't see any other threads regarding this and wanted to get word out. I know I'm excited. Last but not least, it has built in 2 step with rev limiter that cuts spark and not fuel so that'll save head gaskets in theory.

hello people: Dumb ass question 396. Who is Bob Bailey and who does he work for? Is he a vender?
IBBY

x2. Now I'm not sure but does he work for or own full throttle? Or do they just sell his stuff?

He's an electronics engineer who has many designs as mentioned above.

All flavors of Translators
All flavors of Scanmasters
The new 2 step
etc.
etc.

Not a vendor, but a "producer" :biggrin:

Bob has his own company, Bailey Engineering, and sells most of his products through Mike Licht at Full Throttle Speed & Style. Definitely one of the more creative thinkers in the auto electronics world, and beyond getting a single prototype to work he actually gets products to market that sell at a reasonable cost.

Bob bailey

He is the man I will be first in line for that set-up!!! Real smart guy knows his s-------t:D

No not yet on a price.... I have been waiting for some time to see the final product. I would like to "demo" a set if I can. (Bob if your watching :))

Cool sounds like this project is going to come to fruition.

To those who were there, was it a plug and play deal as in, the BB module plugged into our stock module connector?

Did he mention anything about the computer and it needing an updated chip etc?

I'd be curious if anyone running big boost with a smaller plug gap went to this and was able to up the gap a significant amount.

I WA hoping to get his 2 step here shortly. Is it wortsh waiting for the complete setup? I will need it before may.

The inventor of the "extender" chip as well a long long time ago..
The Translator 2, and mafless Trans Pro...and on and on..

He's also invented several things for the Gen4 f-bodies, the similar setup to replace the dreaded opti-spark on the LT1 motors using 6 separate coils!
Great stuff!

He's also invented several things for the Gen4 f-bodies, the similar setup to replace the dreaded opti-spark on the LT1 motors using 6 separate coils!
Great stuff!

well...... 8 coils..... :)

pictures were taken last weekend, perhaps someone will post.

fully plug and play

not sure when it will be street on the street, hopefully soon.

Bob

well...... 8 coils..... :)

pictures were taken last weekend, perhaps someone will post.

fully plug and play

not sure when it will be street on the street, hopefully soon.

Bob

will this eliminate the dreaded energy robbing wasted spark issue