bogging again in high RPMs (PL log attached)

nolanator

@none_more_black
Hey guys,
I just got my car up and running again, and did a low boost pull and it felt okay. There was some slight hesitation, but it wasn't violent. I went up to a higher boost and tried again with the same results and a little bit a sharper hesitation at one point. You'll see it in the graphs. Anyway, my BLM is at 121 according to the PL. This seems pretty low compared the logs I have seen. If my car is in fact running lean, can I just adjust the WOT fuel with my MAF-T? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

let me know if you need screen shots.

Attachments

• new pull august.dat
    66.3 KB · Views: 62
121 isn't lean. 128 is normal +- 10 is acceptable.

I see no discernable shift points.

He was only at WOT for 5 seconds.
I can't see what caused the boost/rpm sag.
But I do see one problem....PL is indicating that your 3rd and 4th gear switches are always active. Your ECM/chip thinks your in OD all the time!! Not good depending on how important gear information is to your particular chip.

He was only at WOT for 5 seconds.
I can't see what caused the boost/rpm sag.
But I do see one problem....PL is indicating that your 3rd and 4th gear switches are always active. Your ECM/chip thinks your in OD all the time!! Not good depending on how important gear information is to your particular chip.

Can I change this with the PL features?

No, it's a problem with your tranny/wiring.
Interesting. The tranny is new, and I'm not sure what the issue with the wiring could be. I may have accidentally been in OD when I hit the throttle and it kicked down. Could that be a contributing factor?

I'll have to make another pull. Any recommendations when I do this next pull?

If it had kicked down to 3rd then the 4th gear indicator would have unchecked.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

If it had kicked down to 3rd then the 4th gear indicator would have unchecked.

If the only adverse effect is a checked or unchecked box, I'm not going to worry myself over it. My priority is correcting the stumble. I'm wondering if its due to the alky injection settings. I don't want to draw conclusions so I was hoping to get feedback.

It isn't that simple, many chips need to know wat the tranny is doing.
As for your possible ally issues, I can't help much. I don't use the stuff. As long as I'm able to run 21# of boost on straight 93, I'm happy.

This is probably my last week or two with a TT 5.7 chip. Hopefully the SD2 is accommodating.

The SD2 uses transmission gear info!

I believe the 5.7 uses MPH and not the gear sensors.

However to the OP there's not enough here to go on you've got a couple of obvious problems, the gear sensors, the lack of a gear change in the RPM traces. It may be going lean but there's not enough high gear to see.

The only other things is the Volts are dropping as the boost comes up.

Pressure switches are working in the tranny. It's shifting at reasonable points through all gears. Hmm.

Pressure switches are working in the tranny. It's shifting at reasonable points through all gears. Hmm.
I'm curious how you know the pressure switches are working. The PL isn't indicating such.

my car constantly shows 3 and 4 on as well, and I attribute it to having a TH400 with the factory transmission connector wiring unplugged (as it does not exist on the 400).

Maybe I should figure out how to make this go away...