boost controller?

Cleaner13

The Cleaner
ok guys get ready for another ignorant question

but what exactly does a boost controller enable you to do
does it just allow you to control boost from inside the car

also is any boost controller compatible with any turbo car or no?

cause I have seen some being sold by turboxs for like 110
and that seems very cheap compared to the 400 or so I always see

thanks ahead of time

Carl

my boost controller allows me to controll my boost. I can turn it down to were my boost runs up to 10lbs or 15lbs or more, it depends on what you have it set at.

The one's you've seen for 400 are electronic, like the ones that guys use on their supra's who have more money than god to spend. you can make one for peanuts, ask around on the board and someone can give you -simple- and cheap directions on how to go about it

Originally posted by charleslong
my boost controller allows me to controll my boost. I can turn it down to were my boost runs up to 10lbs or 15lbs or more, it depends on what you have it set at.

So what's the difference between that and an adj. turbo wastegate?

Originally posted by Cleaner13
hows the one made by ramchargers anyone use it?

is that electronic too?

Yes, it's electronic but operates in open loop (no feedback) which is why it's very cost effective. Works like a charm!!!!!!

With adj. wastegate you have to open hood,unclip wastegate from turbo, loosen 7/16 nut and adjust the wastegate. Then reinstall. All this on a hot turbo. Doing that all the time gets old. Esp. when trying to dial out knock.
Boost Controller just turn the knob in the car to adjust boost 1-6 lbs. That way you'll only have to adjust your wastegate close to what you need.
I'm sure somebody will probably give you a better idea on how it works,but thats close

Originally posted by TurboDave

Yes, it's electronic but operates in open loop (no feedback) which is why it's very cost effective. Works like a charm!!!!!!

Ditto. With the BstC and the T+ inside the car I hardly know what to do with myself at the track. There is so much less stuff to "change" now. I don't even have to pop my hood. After the slicks go on I stand around scratching my head wondering what I forgot. LOL :D