Boost Controllers

1NASTYGN

Anyone using the this boost controller?
Turbosmart TS-0302-1002 e-Boost 40 PSI STREET Boost Controller

I was looking at that one when shopping for a boost controller. I opted for the innovative scg-1. For that price range I feel the scg-1 is superior. Key features that stand out to me were logworks datalogging software, a/f ratio, rpm tach that can be logged, and af safety cut. The e-boost is nice its just what you prefer I guess.

I run the turbosmart eboost street. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The e boost is pretty cool I was runing mine for awhile . I just sold my ams 500v2 and bought a boost leash . The boost leash is probably one of the best controllers on the market IMO . The features it has are great and only on his products . not only for drag racing but it will be awesome on the street aswell .

Dank, how many miles do you have on your boost leash?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I haven't received it yet but I have a friend with one and understand what it can do .

The e boost is pretty cool I was runing mine for awhile . I just sold my ams 500v2 and bought a boost leash . The boost leash is probably one of the best controllers on the market IMO . The features it has are great and only on his products . not only for drag racing but it will be awesome on the street aswell .
Did you get the pulse leash as well? I've been looking into diy methods.

Did you get the pulse leash as well? I've been looking into diy methods.
I got the combo so try are both in one controller.i sold my ams 500V2 to get this setup . Should have it in acouple weeks .i like how boost leash has the pulse built in and also has the scramble feature where u can instantly add 1-20 psi on the fly .

I got the combo so try are both in one controller.i sold my ams 500V2 to get this setup . Should have it in acouple weeks .i like how boost leash has the pulse built in and also has the scramble feature where u can instantly add 1-20 psi on the fly .

Do you need an external gate or XFI to run this setup?

Do you have to run CO2 to the WG in order to run this?

Please correct me if my interpretation is off, but this seems like a programmable boost controller that you can set the boost ramp rate, and the target psi for 3 different "stages" ? What dictates where a certain "stage" begins and ends? Rpm?

As for the Pulse feature- does that allow you to put a pre-determined PSI to stage your car at, and keep the WG closed until that target psi is reached, and then you can launch? I know it has transbrake features as well, but since I don't have a TBrake I'm not as interested in those, more the staging info and how that works.

I appreciate any and all info on the subject.

Do you need an external gate or XFI to run this setup?

Do you have to run CO2 to the WG in order to run this?

Please correct me if my interpretation is off, but this seems like a programmable boost controller that you can set the boost ramp rate, and the target psi for 3 different "stages" ? What dictates where a certain "stage" begins and ends? Rpm?

As for the Pulse feature- does that allow you to put a pre-determined PSI to stage your car at, and keep the WG closed until that target psi is reached, and then you can launch? I know it has transbrake features as well, but since I don't have a TBrake I'm not as interested in those, more the staging info and how that works.

I appreciate any and all info on the subject.
Okay I'll try and give you some insight . I run co2 to control the wastegate . It has 5 stages if u want to use them or not . Time dictates the stages . Watch the boost leash demo on you tube . All you need is this controller no xfi ect . It has a launch boost that you can activate when the trans brake is active that u can set to what ever 10 psi then when the controller doesn't see that 12 vdc anymore it runs the profile u setup .

I bought and installed the Leash bump box / boost controller last year. It's a fantastic unit. Very user friendly. The install was fairly easy as well. But me being me, I go overkill on things that I put in my car. I ran all of the boost lines with #3 Racetronix teflon lines and fittings. Drilled out the wastegate for dual ports as they mentioned in the instructions, and ran a custom air pump in the trunk with a water separator, air canister and a pressure sensor to keep my minimum pressure set at 80psi, and the highest at 110psi.I don't have the patience for filling Co2 bottles, so this method is perfect and keeps my boost rock solid.

I bought and installed the Leash bump box / boost controller last year. It's a fantastic unit. Very user friendly. The install was fairly easy as well. But me being me, I go overkill on things that I put in my car. I ran all of the boost lines with #3 Racetronix teflon lines and fittings. Drilled out the wastegate for dual ports as they mentioned in the instructions, and ran a custom air pump in the trunk with a water separator, air canister and a pressure sensor to keep my minimum pressure set at 80psi, and the highest at 110psi.I don't have the patience for filling Co2 bottles, so this method is perfect and keeps my boost rock solid.

Hi Ttypewhite
I know this is an older thread, but was wondering if you have a picture of where you get the feed for the map sensor on the boost leash . It mentions pre throttle body in the instructions. I was trying to look at your pictures but they are not available anymore.
Thanks ahead of time.
Marco

Hi Ttypewhite
I know this is an older thread, but was wondering if you have a picture of where you get the feed for the map sensor on the boost leash . It mentions pre throttle body in the instructions. I was trying to look at your pictures but they are not available anymore.
Thanks ahead of time.
Marco
I take it from the compressor housing of the turbo.

Ok, so if you feed the map sensor with the compressor side of the turbo, where do you get the feed for the bottom part of the wastegate?

Intake manifold. Do you not have these instructions?
IMG_20160425_1237513.jpg

Intake manifold. Do you not have these instructions?View attachment 350798
Yes I do have the instructions. If I understood the instructions properly, you need to feed the bottom of the wastegate with the port from the turbo and feed the map sensor from a port before the throttle body. Not recommended to feed both map and bottom of wastegate with the same port. I’ve been getting informed and will feed my map sensor like in the picture I sent you.

Attachments

• 5A09EE16-CB0F-4283-802B-6ADF8618E961.png
    5A09EE16-CB0F-4283-802B-6ADF8618E961.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 259