Boost Reference

KWIKR 1

Where or what is the proper boost reference for wastegates , Fuel Pressure Reg , MAP ? From my understanding it's best to take the boost reference for the wastegates before TB . should this be the same rule of thumb for the FPR and MAP as well ? I would think you would have to take the FPR from manifold for vacuum reference as needed .

I'm curious on this also. For manual boost controllers some manufactures's say take the boost reference right at the turbo but I've seen others say take it at the TB.

It's ok to source the wastegate from charge tubing but FPR, MAP and any BOV should be sourced from the plenum after the throttle body.

Pressure source for the wastegate should come from the turbo compressor housing if your not using CO2. You need the highest pressure available. Pressure drop from turbo to intake will depend on intercooler efficiency and other variables.

Pressure source for the wastegate should come from the turbo compressor housing if your not using CO2. You need the highest pressure available. Pressure drop from turbo to intake will depend on intercooler efficiency and other variables.

so..if your using C02 it doesn't matter where it's sourced ?