Bowling green 2015

I booked the Super 8 for $ 65 a night ! No camping for me lol

I am at the Super 8 at Cumberland Trace Rd
I am holding out for another week because I want to make sure the weather will be good. Right now, it as looks as though there is going to be perfect weather for the Friday through Sunday. Especially for the guys running their cars. Not too hot, but not too cool. Upper 60's and sunny with low humidity hopefully.

The racing is all over Saturday afternoon for those watching this thread. There is nothing on Sunday.

I'm going Friday around noon to catch the renegade class later in the day. Otherwise Saturday is good but get there early to see the most racing.

I'm going Friday around noon to catch the renegade class later in the day. Otherwise Saturday is good but get there early to see the most racing.
My wife and I are leaving from just south of Detroit on Friday at 7:00am. Not sure what time we will get there, but I hoping around 2. We can't leave any earlier, we have to get our kids off to school.

Someone be sure to take lots of pictures and videos and post them up please for those of us who can't make it :eek:

Weather is going to be perfect. I am staying at the Hyatt place for free since I have reward points....but I know there are parking lot parties all over the place. Anyone hear of the party spot yet? I know I have 5 cases of home brew coming with me.

Weather is going to be perfect. I am staying at the Hyatt place for free since I have reward points....but I know there are parking lot parties all over the place. Anyone hear of the party spot yet? I know I have 5 cases of home brew coming with me.
5 cases ?? Damn ....
Hope to see you there.

Bryan

And today in local news a cruiser was arrested after a minor traffic stop resulted in the discovery of 5 cases of moonshine crammed in the back of a Buick Grand National...lmao

For all those that attend, enjoy. For those who race, I don't think you could ask for much better weather. A little cool at night, but come race time it will in the 50's and dry.

Hopefully the Gillina(sp?) makes an appearance this year and we see a 6.40 pass. Also a 7.50 TSO pass.

Having a blast in BG. Good times, great people and perfect weather. The track has been hooking well, as seen by the broken parts and wheel stands. Yea. We got great pics and videos, unfortunately, the internet here sucks and won't let me load any pics.

We must have had 50+ TB people tonight for diner at Rapherdy's.

I'll try and post more tomorrow.

Happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

that car was sold with no motor no more 6's
That is sad. I'm tearing up! At least do have the sub 7s passes on video. I should have figure as much, being that its last appearance was 2010(I think). Well great things do sometimes comes to an end.

Maybe someone will come along and fill that void or maybe the TSO cars will eventually hit high 6s.

Having a blast in BG. Good times, great people and perfect weather. The track has been hooking well, as seen by the broken parts and wheel stands. Yea. We got great pics and videos, unfortunately, the internet here sucks and won't let me load any pics.

We must have had 50+ TB people tonight for diner at Rapherdy's.

I'll try and post more tomorrow.

Happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

If you could let us know when video is uploaded that would be great. Hopefully there is video of all the classes, interested in them all. Especially the TSM. What to see if the stock block can be pushed any further.

Claude no offense but bracket racing is gay!
Well gay or not, I was able to win several rounds in the B1 class but eventually lost in the semi-finals. I was very happy with that since it was my first time at BG and wasn't expecting to go that far...Also in the time trials, I ran my best time ever, a 9.48 @ 142 mph...:)

Claude. ;)

Last edited: