Brakes

dart21

I had a close call the other day on the Highway-when I applied the brake pedal and the car would not stop on the dime. Luckily, I had just reached an exit and I cruised off to the nearest parking lot I could find. I tried my best, by unplugging and plugging the switches on the brake unit, I even tried banging slightly on the brake motor with the engine on-{didn't work}. I hope it's not the entire unit that went bad-since I am currently unemployed-and it is so expensive. I am hoping it is a bad brake switch or brake accumulator bowl. Prior to all this, I do remember the brake pump charging up just fine. Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

Powermaster is not cheap to repair. Accumulator is $150, switch is $195, or new pm unit is $500. It may be cheaper to convert to vacuum brakes for about $130. Red Regal T sells vacuum brake conversions.

breaks

thanks quick-I am weighing the options but, I will more than likely switch to vaccum brakes.

87T-Limited,walbro pump, green stripe inj;redarmstrong chip, 2.5in. exh.,cold air intake,all else stock.