Breathers with PCV tube

vacuum 6

I have chuckers
I want to eliminate my intake PCV. Is anyone running valve cover breathers with the PCV tube? Something like the attached.

Attachments

• trd-9241_w.jpg
    trd-9241_w.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 877
Functionally, yes. I've got the PCV valve mounted on an elbow that comes out of the oil fill tube. Fixed the oil comsumption issue.

this is exactly what i will be useing in the passenger valve cover front breather,the small hole near the turbo sheild....also i will baffel the inside of the valve cover and the vacume line will run into a catch can just to make sure you are not letting in no oily contanments into your prized possision...

vacume 6.....do a search on pcv sucking oil ,,lots of buicks have this problem after they have been modified

Sweated copper parts and JB weld...

There's a nut on the inside of the fill tube to hold the elbow on.

Attachments

• DSCF0456.jpg
    DSCF0456.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 896
attatching thie pcv to the valve cover breather is not going to help any oil consumption issue it may get worse because of the velocity and oil turbulance under the valve covers it will just suck it up instead of dripping out the breather. the only way to eliminate the problem is a catch can

You Are Sucking Fresh Air Through Breather..point Of Less Resistance...mind As Well Not Use A Pcv Valve

I have aftermarket covers w/ the standard size push in breather hole.
I ran a flat plastic style breather w/ a filter element in it from a Ford P/U (I think) and have the PCV valve on a rubber elbow from there.
I blocked the stock location one off, no oil consumption issues here.

I was thinking on using two breathers similar to what I posted. See below…inside the standoffs there are baffled grommets. Run vacuum lines to each breather, tee into a check valve and then run it to my vacuum block.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 839
I adopted a Clean Air Act on my Intake :)
No EGR mess and No PCV. Just two breathers; one in each valve cover

I did the same and my valve cover breathers leaked oil everytime I got into the boost. I put a crank case evac pump on. It has an IN and OUT. attach the IN hose to an elbo on one valve cover and the OUT to a catch can. The other valve cover has a open breather. The pump is actived by a hob switch which comes on at 3psi and stays on until it see's less than 3psi. Its just a 12volt pump off of a chevy Malibu or Impala V6. You have to do some slight modifications to the pump. But do it right and wire it up with a relay and mine hasnt leaked a drop since! Its cheap hp and its taking stress off of the crank case!

Jason

Attachments

• pump 001.jpg
    pump 001.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 780
  • pump 002.jpg
    pump 002.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 821
For guys looking to valve cover breathers. My suggestion would be to use a LT1 evac pump, Racetronix Evac harness with the valve cover breather from Moroso. I have run this setup on my car and after 8 years of beatens on this car it does not drip a dime of oil, even after a 30psi 1/4 mile pass running high 9's. I still use my pcv, as its only use is regular driving. As soon as my hobb switch see's 5psi it kicks on my LT1 evac pump which pulls out excess crank case pressure and dumps it in a catch can. Check out the link. I would run this setup in any turbo application that is street driven. There are obviously more powerful pumps out there, but if you drive your car on the street those pumps will cause problems. For the price of this entire system, you can't beat it.
RX-CEPH

I swear we must have been typing this at the same time hahaha

anyway, IT WORKS!

I swear we must have been typing this at the same time hahaha

anyway, IT WORKS!

I said the same thing when I hit the submit reply button and saw your post. Too cool. Like ya said. It works, and works well. By far the best purchase I have made for this car since modifing it. My garage floor loves me for it because the floor was a disaster with all the oil leaks I had before this system.

Ooooo ,,i Like This,what Is The Cost Of Pump ,gm Or Auto Parts ,,how Much Vacume Does It Draw??? As Much Info As You Can Give For Me To Get Going...pump Part Number...thanks

I think we got the pumps for $20 each at a local salvage yard (pick n pull) they are smog pumps off of GM V6's like the 3400 and 3500's. Not sure if the 3800's have them. They are 12 volt and pulls alot of vacume (i dont have the technical amount) Not sure of the part #

I think we got the pumps for $20 each at a local salvage yard (pick n pull) they are smog pumps off of GM V6's like the 3400 and 3500's. Not sure if the 3800's have them. They are 12 volt and pulls alot of vacume (i dont have the technical amount) Not sure of the part #

Our web ad has been updated to include pictures of the pumps and their applicable part numbers. If you plug the part numbers into eBay or Google you will find all sorts of them available new.

RX-CEPH

G7-CEPH-3a-t.jpg

does someone offer a kit for the turbo regals or do we have to piece togeather our own thanks