Buick guy from way back

SuperBuickGuy

My very first car was a 1962 Buick Skylark, 215 ci, brown, a head gasket per oil change and I utterly loathed it. When it didn't have a blown head gasket, the generator would give up the ghost. I traded it for a 67 Camaro (I know dumb people, but they've go good hearts), and could have rescued the car as it sank into Eastern Washington mud.... I didn't, I'm not ashamed - fact is it made me smile every time I went by and it was a bit deeper in the mud.

So why am I on the Buick forum? because I love Buicks. I figure it this way - if my first car was loathesome, but I still like the breed there must be something oh so wrong with me or at least one thing right (looking for the second). So it wasn't my first Buick that did it, it was the next. I bought a 1975 Skyhawk that someone had put in a 1979 t-type motor - yeah, draw through carb, silly idea, but I loved the car - this was early 90s so it was reasonably fast for its day and with the 5 speed... a hoot.

Then there was (there's much more to the story) a 70 Skylark that really did make me fall in love with the torque of the breed.

But why am I here? Simple, I was poaching the hotside turbo forum for ideas on one of my current projects and figure why get incidental information but rather support the forum with my build. And there is one thing - there are 2 Buick builds... the one I'm doing now and the one that will be my penultimate build. A 50 Sedanette with a 430 ci (sleeved from 455) aluminum headed, twin turboed build. That's not why I'm here... it's the other one

I bought 1964 Buick wagon, long roof and I'm putting in a 231 1984 turbo motor with 200r4. I'll convert the motor from a hot-side motor so it'll basically be a GNX wagon. That is going to stay blue, with vinyl seats, rubber floor mats, flat hood.... if you get it, you've got the idea. Nothing to see here, grandpa coming along... really, you say Mustangs are fast? hum, I've not seen it ;)

a couple pictures
P4010007.jpg
[/URL]
P7270009_zpsvwcxy1lw.jpg
[/URL]
P5210601_zps9p2d0ipw.jpg
[/URL]

There's the basics....

Yup. The Draggon Wagon is totally bitchen. Can't wait to hear and see more. Welcome to the site. Grab a beer and make yourself at home. Be sure to get some inspiration from the hybrid section. ;)

Mike Barnard