Buick Racing at Milan, July 25th

Buickracer

As part of the Buick Centennial Celebration in Flint, MI July 23-27, See this link for moreINFO
We have secured Milan Dragway from noon to 4PM. The track will open at 10:30 AM. We hope to have a ladies race, and a bracket racer and will probably have some cash payouts. Right now there are over 40 Buicks registered, and may have some special cars that will be a major photo op, more on that as we don't know yet if that will happen. John Schmidt will be there with his twin-turbo OPEL, as well as Basketball Sam, with his '70 GS "Very Few"! Racing is $25 and spectators $5 and can be paid at the gate. I haven't been to Milan in a couple of years, can't wait to see their updates. I hear the track is getting almost as good as Norwalk, so should be fun! IHRA rules! See you there.

It isn't Norwalk, but they have made HUGE improvements in the racing surface this year.

Roberta, do I need to pre-register? -or- Do you and Joe have an assignment for me that day?

DR

two questions

1) do you have to belong to the GSCA to participate?

2) Are turbo trans ams welcome?

thanks,

Bill

Originally posted by turbodave231
It isn't Norwalk, but they have made HUGE improvements in the racing surface this year.

Roberta, do I need to pre-register? -or- Do you and Joe have an assignment for me that day?

DR
Dave, you don't have to pre-register, pay at the gate. We don't have an assignment for you as such, but you can play a part in setting up the brackets, when we get ready to do that!

NEWSFLASH!!!:D
The BUICK BUG (1910 race car, 622 cu in) and the BUICK BLACKHAWK will both make an appearance at the track at 12Noon, be there or miss some history, and they will go down the track!!!!
1910-bug.jpg

Re: two questions

1) do you have to belong to the GSCA to participate? NO

2) Are turbo trans ams welcome? Absoulutely, anything BUICK POWERED

Pay at the gate!

Get your priorities straight, this is a once in a lifetime happening, Oh so is OZZ fest! You have to figure this out!

Pat, I will have my video camera. Hope all the people put LARGE numbers on thier cars :)

You can make a free page at Webshots.como or some similar place...then upload the photos there.

Bill,

I hope to make it with or without the GN....

Pat,

Did you get my last email about Sunday? If so I'll give
you a call tomorrow, let me know...

Thanks,

Todd

I plan to have the car loaded Thursday evening and if all goes well be there at 10. I know Karl is going to try and get home for this. If not it may be my first time pulling the rig by myself. Nerves of steel I can do this.... :rolleyes: