Calling E85 guys. Anyone using Surefire inj. ?

paulg

A chase is a race.
Anyone have experience with Smartfire*** injectors? I found a cheap set. Wondering if anyone has used them. They are 120# injectors. May save them incase I ever go E85.
Thanks

Typo in title. The brand is called smartfire.

I remember seeing a video of them shutting off at a certain psi.

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with Smartfire*** injectors? I found a cheap set. Wondering if anyone has used them. They are 120# injectors. May save them incase I ever go E85.
Thanks

I tried 3 sets total... junk

Okay I have been looking up 120# injectors and that seems to be all that comes up. I knew they were too good to be true for the price. Thanks.

Thanks

I have had three sets all were bad. Cal Hartline is my witness to this madness. Do not waste your money in them. Save yourself the headache. The owner Doug Weldon promises a money back guarantee, but when you go to claim it (after three sets) we will charge you a restocking fee.

I have had three sets all were bad. Cal Hartline is my witness to this madness. Do not waste your money in them. Save yourself the headache. The owner Doug Weldon promises a money back guarantee, but when you go to claim it (after three sets) we will charge you a restocking fee.

Did yours stick ? or non linear flow .. or DOA .. I had all cases

I had a two set foul out........ One set stuck open and overload my engine causing it to vapor lock. Now I was pissed. They all fell apart every time I took them out. The IDLE (IAC) was hard to get adjusted. My VE tables and injector offsets were all jacked up. Bought some bosch and never looked back. What problems did you have?

I had a two set foul out........ One set stuck open and overload my engine causing it to vapor lock. Now I was pissed. They all fell apart every time I took them out. The IDLE (IAC) was hard to get adjusted. My VE tables and injector offsets were all jacked up. Bought some bosch and never looked back. What problems did you have?

the first thing I had happen was 1 injector FULL on .. I saw this on the bench when I went to flow them ...
then the other huge issue I had was non linear flow and variance between injectors ...

I wouldn't run them on my briggs let alone in a hi-po application..

just goes to show you.. junk is junk at any price... as most of the ebay crap is

They do perform.. just saying .. not sure if they are worth 3 times what other injectors are going for to get such a small difference ... Personally I cant see the justification for the ID's .. there are too many other variables that can influence the gains from that injector selection.

I know some people in the Phoenix AZ area that swear by them.... But what I can tell you from my experience and Cal Haartline, I will never run them again!!! They are junk and people are stupid for running them.

Well damn that's just great. The hits just keep coming. I am having an injector fiasco myself. This is all I need I can't afoard this crap.
I just bought a set of SF 120's myself and the car has developed a miss right off the bat. Now I'm stuck had to sell my old (known good) injectors to buy these and now the car dosent want to run with these,and know money to get them checked out.
Great, just f@@king great.

Well damn that's just great. The hits just keep coming. I am having an injector fiasco myself. This is all I need I can't afoard this crap.
I just bought a set of SF 120's myself and the car has developed a miss right off the bat. Now I'm stuck had to sell my old (known good) injectors to buy these and now the car dosent want to run with these,and know money to get them checked out.
I posted a big article about these injectors on here about a year ago. I stated how bad they were and things. I guess people never read.. On another note, I would call Doug Weldon and demand money back. Use may name also...

I know some people in the Phoenix AZ area that swear by them.... But what I can tell you from my experience and Cal Haartline, I will never run them again!!! They are junk and people are stupid for running them.

Yes I think I recall that thread.. but here is the thing .. if you run on a RACE CAR application .. that you only see WOT .. you will over look alot of other things.
Just because an injector FLOWS X amount of fuel at WOT .. doesn't make the injector a good choice... ANYBODY can tune for WOT .. idle , driveablitiy are alot harder to master.

They are junk I agree.. all it takes is to look at flow numbers .. sure its possible to get 6 that perform.. but i think the odds are stacked against you .. is it really worth it to save $50 bucks ?

Flow them and when you find they are bad .. demand your money back.. then go buy a REAL set of injectors

Yes I think I recall that thread.. but here is the thing .. if you run on a RACE CAR application .. that you only see WOT .. you will over look alot of other things.
Just because an injector FLOWS X amount of fuel at WOT .. doesn't make the injector a good choice... ANYBODY can tune for WOT .. idle , driveablitiy are alot harder to master.

They are junk I agree.. all it takes is to look at flow numbers .. sure its possible to get 6 that perform.. but i think the odds are stacked against you .. is it really worth it to save $50 bucks ?

Oh, I agree. That is how I found out that they are junk. I could never get the to idle and the overloading\vapor lock as I am driving sucked!!!