Cam selection and pricing? HELP!!

coldair85GN

fast85GN
I am trying to get an educated opinion from people who know about choosing a cam for my combo.

Cam that was in my engine was a comp cams 218/218 race cam. It had a choppy idle, laughed at emissions testing..and I think it was a bit overkill for my combo.

I am now building a 4.1 motor from scratch. Stock crank, stock rods, probably will be a .20 overbore once the machine shop looks at it. I have a 3200 stall PI Vigilante lockup converter, and am planning to get a PT6776GT? duall BB turbo. Block will be girdled. ATR 3" SS downpipe with integral WG, Siemens 83# injectors on stock modded ECM. Precision Plenum/RJC spacer, Fully ported 8445 heads with big valves. Ported and matched intake. NOW that thats out of the way:rolleyes:

I would like to go roller for longevity. I'm pretty sure I will go with a 212/212 from a reputable brand..and would like a full KIT with all the pieces I will need. Finally I plan to top all of it off with T&D 1.55 roller rockers, which means I will need spacers for that.

Suggestions for the best price for a combo roller cam kit?

I am trying to get an educated opinion from people who know about choosing a cam for my combo.

Cam that was in my engine was a comp cams 218/218 race cam. It had a choppy idle, laughed at emissions testing..and I think it was a bit overkill for my combo.

I am now building a 4.1 motor from scratch. Stock crank, stock rods, probably will be a .20 overbore once the machine shop looks at it. I have a 3200 stall PI Vigilante lockup converter, and am planning to get a PT6776GT? duall BB turbo. Block will be girdled. ATR 3" SS downpipe with integral WG, Siemens 83# injectors on stock modded ECM. Precision Plenum/RJC spacer, Fully ported 8445 heads with big valves. Ported and matched intake. NOW that thats out of the way:rolleyes:

I would like to go roller for longevity. I'm pretty sure I will go with a 212/212 from a reputable brand..and would like a full KIT with all the pieces I will need. Finally I plan to top all of it off with T&D 1.55 roller rockers, which means I will need spacers for that.

Suggestions for the best price for a combo roller cam kit?

You should probably consult with one of the vendors who builds engines. They can certainly get you into the ball park based on your needs.
Call Bryan at Weber. He knows these engines quite well and has helped me out tremendously.

I once ran a 218/218 flat tappet cam. Idled like a stocker.

Are you certain yours was a 218? Or perhaps something else created the rough idle?

Anyway, phone Dan Strezo @ DLS. He'll set you up with his own design 214 ductile iron roller. And I'm certain he can set you up with a kit.

BTW, I ran a 9.98 with this cam and IT idled like a stocker.