You can type here any text you want

Can I remove the heater hoses?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

grw

I am doing my valve springs and have everything off I am wondering if I need to put all the heater stuff back on....
I do not need or really want heat in the car and if I can keep that rail out it looks alot better under there. Not to mention makes it easier to put back together after the valve springs are done...

What if I was to block of the heater lines at the firewall then run the hose from the waterpump straight into where the rail mounted below the plenum?

Thanks much for your input!
Gary

Thanks but I am referring to the entire rail setup not just the two small ones that connect into it.
Thanks
Gary

Remove the threaded fitting from the intake manifold and replace it with a 1/2" pipe plug. Get a 3/4" rubber block-off cap from the parts store [HELP section] for the nipple on the water pump.

Don't forget to plug the vac hose that goes to the heater control valve.

plug

If you have the TOOLS you can tap the nipple on the water pump 3/8 NPT. with out drilling as the hole is already the correct size. Then install a 3/8 pipe plug. Remove the bottom rad hose and push some rags up in past where you are tapping. This will allow you to remove all the shavings.

Instead of plugging them both,
Would it be better to run the line from the water pump into the mainifold? Thanks

Back