Canadian E-test

toadie

So i was talking to the insurance the other day and they told me that when i got the car i would need to do an e-test with-in 10 days of buying the car, does anyone know if a 87' GN all stock would pass in Ontario? The car has about 56,000 Km, i dont know much else about the car since i havent really seen it but i think thats the one i am going to get tho

Thanks

i really have no idea, thats just what they told me. It might be a ON law or something they were talking about tho, not sure

this is a us car i assume and you are bring it in to canada ,then the car has to be checked for road wortheness....for lack of a better word,if it is a canadian car maybe ontario has stricter rules NOW....I am sure someone will cime in

it is a canadian car, in Ontario. I was just wondering about it, if anyone has anything for me or some ideas to make it pass

if the cat is on ,there should be no major problems that a good tune up wont fix ...turbo tweak even makes a emmision chip to help pass testing,,,,has your engine been modified in any way....chip,,injectors ,,this will make or brake you

well, i dont have the car yet, i need to go get it first, but i am just thinking ahead. And from what i have been told there is nothing changed about the car in anyway, which is good then. So there should be no problems then?

Alright, i will do that then, if they even know what the car is. Thanks for the help!

Because the car is 20 years old, it is now exempt from needing an e-test. The law recently changed, so now anything 1988 or newer will always require one.
All you should need is the used vehicle information package, (from the seller, if not a dealer) and the ownership.
Are you going to be driving the car every day? If not, have you heard of Silver Wheels Insurance? Your cars insurance policy is based on an appraised value, and it is very inexpensive. Mine is appraised for $14000, and I pay $239/year for full coverage.

wow, thats really good! I will be driving my almost ever day i can, so not in the winter just. I was talking to Co-operators and they said it would be like $4000-$5000 (because i am a young driver and im a guy). Where is Silver Wheels Insurance?

O ok, well maybe i could get my old man to have the car in his name, would that work?

If you're going to drive it almost every day, I wouldn't go with Silver Wheels.....you can't drive to work, or for errands etc.

O ok, it wouldnt really be a good idea then, because i will most likely be drving it almost everday or so when i can. So i guess i will deal with the high insurance then, o well its only money