!!!CAPTAIN Phil Harris!!! RIP

Rest in peace

As a fellow Captain, I understand the tests and trials of the job. His was one of the toughest I can imagine.
I admired him for the candid nature of the show. He was great.

that's a great show

he'll be missed very colorful person, great show but sometimes it seemed like that guys going to have a heart attack. wonder iake the if his son will take the reigns.

He was my favorite captain, but man the way he chain smoked and the raspy voice should have been indicators to him that he needed to quit. r i p :(

Was he the one with the beard & smoked? Also his sons worked with him?

Geeze everytime I heard him talk i felt like taking a PUFF of my inhaler to breath.

Not suprising considering he smoked probably (3) packs of cancer/heart attack sticks a day. I will never understand why someone would willfully put something into their body that could and often does cut their life in half and cost money while doing so. Just stupid imo.

A LOT of money these days. Basically, he had to pay $10,000 a year to contribute to an early death. What a waste. Was such a class act to. My favorite one out of all those on the show.

RIP

Hate to hear that, he was having bad problems last season with blood clots, etc. Hope his sons are ready to step up, big pair of shoes to fill there

Capt Phil was old school, he busted everyones butt, and even though he lived a hard life, he never complained. The Bearing Sea just wont be the same w/o him.

My thoughts & prayers are with Jake, Josh, the Cornelia Marie, & the rest of the fleet on the Bering Sea. Capt. Phil Harris was a tough SOB with a quick wit & a quicker temper but he looked out for his friends & family & kept them out of harms way. Rest in peace, Capt., and continue keeping your loved ones out of harms way both on and off the Bering Sea.