Car Won't Start

toddmingnworld

Undead1
Guys,

Can anybody, that is when it warms up slightly, help me get my car started? My battery went dead one day....I had it charged and even tried a brand new battery and the car will not kick over.
Because of the cold weather I was starting the car every two weeks or so but I'm baffled at why the car is acting up since it really never moved.

If their are any local fellows around willing to lend a hand I'd certainly appreciate it as I really do not want to have my car towed to my GN guy for diagnosis if the problem is no big
deal. Any and all help welcome!

Thanks,

Todd

Tod.Check the ground and the cable to the starter,...there is antifreeze in the car...not just water?Does it turn over at all?It's probable moisture on the starter cable or a bad ground.Do you have a alarm with starter kill?If so,put the new battery in and dissarm and try to start again.Just trying to give some I deas.
good luck
Mike

Todd, depending on how long you can wait for assistance.....I am taking my car to Bruce in March for a rear main seal job.

I can stop by then.

Hey that sounds great....You still have my number right....At this
point I may even get my TE-44 from Bruce this spring but I'm not sure quite yet...You still have my contact phone # right...If not let me know....

Thanks,

Todd

Todd, you are in the Detroit area right?

Who is Bruce? Sounds like I may need to get to know this guy:cool:

Jumping in before Todd can answer.....

Bruce owns Aggressive Auto Performance.

Very nice guy. A member of the Michigan Buick Turbo Club (subtle plug).

http://www.aggressiveauto.com/

I buy most of my TR stuff from him.

Think his GN runs in the 9's if memory serves.

I called and spoke to Bruce today and he does not think it is a big
deal..I certainly hope not because if it is I won't be able to get my Te-44 as I had planned. He is so busy right now even this time during the year, I thought it would slow down. I may not even be
able to get it in before a couple of weeks, I guess we'll see what happens.

Bill,

Do you still plan on having some work done on your car this month? Mine is still very sick and I'm stuck with the dilemma of
finding time to have the car towed into Bruce, he is very busy even during this time of the year and does not know when he may have time for me.

If you can still lend a hand in helping find out what the hell is wrong with this thing I'd really appreciate it. Thanks Buddy....

Todd

Todd, depends on the weather and the road salt. I have not made an appt date with Bruce we just agreed on "this Spring" sometime.

I would be happy to try and help with your car. Let me check with the wife and see what weekends are open.

Bill,

Sure I understand, you have my number right? I just hate the fact when something goes wrong and you have a feeling its something "little" and its nothing you can do about it.

Thanks,

Todd

Bill,

I could not help it, I had my car taken into Bruce the other day, a spot finally opened up for me. I have to get some other stuff done to my car as well so I decided why wait any longer, I guess the earlier the better....

I appreciate all the suggestions you made with regard to her acting up and what not.

Thanks,

Todd

Hey no problem. Getting it fixed is what counts.

So as soon as you get it running we will cruise right? :)

Todd: Where in Michigan do you live?. I live in Shelby Township. ( Bruce is a Really good guy and has saved my old beat up Turbo T A several times) Good luck. Turbota.