champion irons

Tried to search for them but never really got the answer I was looking for.

Do champion irons have bigger valves or do they just use the stock size valves.

Second what is all needed to install a set of aluminum gn1's

???

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Joe.

What I am trying to do is make a solid 10 second street car. I have a stock bottom end with new bearings and rings installed in it. comp hydr 212/212 cam, fmic, ta style headers, 3.5dp, roller rockers. Looking for what to do up top as far as heads. I am planing on running the pt6776bb with the s cover.

Any info would help.

Thanks Joe.

What I am trying to do is make a solid 10 second street car. I have a stock bottom end with new bearings and rings installed in it. comp hydr 212/212 cam, fmic, ta style headers, 3.5dp, roller rockers. Looking for what to do up top as far as heads. I am planing on running the pt6776bb with the s cover.

Any info would help.

A good set of Irons will be just fine..:smile:
I would of been in the 9's with my Irons if it not would of been for tranny problems...:redface:

Joe

As Jb Racing Said Ss Valves And They Swithed From Manly To Ferrara Valves...this Is From Tom At Champion

so you guys think I am best to just stay with the champion iron heads than. instead of the gn1's?

I personally think that with the Cam and Turbo you are willing to use. I would lean on the Iron Heads. I am an Iron Man. I don't believe in Aluminums unless your have more Cubes and a Much Bigger Turbo...........IMO

Actually Iron heads tend to make more power,all things being equal.

The iron keeps the heat in the cylinder which is what you want.The only reason the aluminum GN1's make more power is the difference in ports and the much bigger valves.Other than weight an iron set just like them could actually make a little more power.

heads

don't mean to hijack, but if you need a set. I got one set already cut in with ferrea 1.775" intake valves, stock exhaust valves. The exhaust are good to use stock when backcut 25 degrees....mine are not backcut. If you planed on going that fast they would need a new valvejob and surfacing probably.
300bucks!!

Thanks Joe.

Any info would help.
You will have enough power with a set of iron heads to blow the stock bottom end out with what you already have. You will save $ using the iron heads here. With a lot more turbo and a forged/girdled bottom end you would be better off with race ported GN1's. But then you would need to spend a lot more $ on fuel system mods and suspension work to use the power. Not to mention the trans internals that would be needed. Dont be too concerned about the size of the valves. The bowl work and valve job are much more important than the size. Though my gf may not agree with that statement:biggrin: .

Thanks Joe.

Any info would help.

Might want to add some billet main caps unless you want the crank going through the oil pan.

Spend wisely, but do a lot of research first..

Every point mentioned so far is right on the money as I'm sure all will agree. The bad thing is unless U are very familiar with these cars all those points may sound a bit overwhelming. If U dont have a Buick person that U can go to and pick his/ her brain for a while, U will have to do research on this board. The information is all here and has been talked about over and over through the years. Luckily I knew a bunch of people that helped me out, but I still checked just about everything I was thinking of doing. U will find that others have made the mistakes so U dont have to. Good luck and my go fast tip is do the suspension first. H and R bar, a good set of adjustable upper control arms and a set of drag radials to start.

My biggest concern was the valve sizes. I like the iron heads better than the aluminum for a street app. I will be running the stock turbo for the first part of next season well I do get the fuel, computer and tranny setup for the pt6776rs.

Thanks for the imput guys!