Chaseing down a vaccume leek

KillrV6

Former owner
in my quest to slay the demon that has been haunting my car for some time, i have decided to look for vaccume leeks with some carb cleaner.

what are some places besides the vac hoses on top of the throttle body that i should check?

just list em here and ill check em :) thanks for any help in advance

In looking for vacuum leaks, I found the check valve located by the EGR to be bad.
You could also try pinching the lines to see if you get a change.

do a search, there have been some posts about pressuring up the intake system to check for leaks. Doing it that way I found my throttle shaft bushings to be leaking badly (but only when the throttle was open, it sealed fine when closed) and my EGR valve was leaking. I never would have found those leaks by spraying something on the engine as it was running.

John

HMMMM i THINK i found one...

i spreyed the aria just above the PCV which is the hoses that go to the top of the throttle body. the problem is i have no idea what one is leeking??

Originally posted by KillrV6
HMMMM i THINK i found one...

i spreyed the aria just above the PCV which is the hoses that go to the top of the throttle body. the problem is i have no idea what one is leeking??

If your vac hoses are anything like mine were, you'd want to replace them all. I had to cut them all off to get the vac block off. Just go down to the parts store and get a few feet of each size just to be prepared.