CK Performance Full Billet 2004r

Guys this is a tech forum. Posts must be of a technical nature. 3rd person comments are about useless. Post in the feedback forum and be sure to post up pics to back the claims.
]

Vendor's Customer Service

Discussions:

With those numbers you'd be lucky to reach 10% of the members by the looks of how many discussions/messages are posted there.

Obviously more people read the tech sessions and get there info here.

Technically speaking we are discussing transmissions and what problems people are having with them.

I also noticed that the vendors service section is mostly a cheering section.

How would that come up if someone did a search on the 2004r or what we're discussing??? It won't, as I've done searches and it never came up and I only looked at that section because you told us to post there.

I know I'm new here but if free speech is restricted and people can't voice there problems as well as their successes and people find it harder to get the info they're looking for you do the members on here an injustice.

I mean no disrespect Brian and hope you understand where I'm coming from. I'm also not out for needless vendor bashing, but members here should know how the vendors do business and how problems are dealt with if/when they arise so that we don't get fleeced or when someone goes above and beyond that should and does get reported in the tech sections also.

I think you even get kudos in the tech sections [Brian is Awesome] lets keep it that way.

robzombie said:
]

Vendor's Customer Service

Discussions:

With those numbers you'd be lucky to reach 10% of the members by the looks of how many discussions/messages are posted there.

Obviously more people read the tech sessions and get there info here.

Technically speaking we are discussing transmissions and what problems people are having with them.

I also noticed that the vendors service section is mostly a cheering section.

How would that come up if someone did a search on the 2004r or what we're discussing??? It won't, as I've done searches and it never came up and I only looked at that section because you told us to post there.

I know I'm new here but if free speech is restricted and people can't voice there problems as well as their successes and people find it harder to get the info they're looking for you do the members on here an injustice.

I mean no disrespect Brian and hope you understand where I'm coming from. I'm also not out for needless vendor bashing, but members here should know how the vendors do business and how problems are dealt with if/when they arise so that we don't get fleeced or when someone goes above and beyond that should and does get reported in the tech sections also.

I think you even get kudos in the tech sections [Brian is Awesome] lets keep it that way.

So you have had dealings with CK Performance?

I have some of their billet parts in my trans as i used what was re usable out of my 3rd CK built trans. Trans is working better then ever since i had someone else build it with an actual BR valve body and governor which wasn't in my CK trans and got all the clearances right. Weird how when things are built right with the right parts the trans just seems to magically not have any of the issue it did when i got it from CK....

Every 2004R unit is built by me.I have a crew that installs every unit on the dyno and in the test car and the pressure are never off when they leave,ever. The pan used for testing comes off as the unit is removed from the car as it has a cutout for acess to the governor so we can tune it in.We have very bad access to good pans as the trans cores can be 20 to 30 years old. I am certain we did not ship you 3 bad transmissions and if we did we would have replaced the third one. I am sure all of the billet parts were installed in your unit as well as some items that we do not list on the site.EDIT.COM our website editing company has gone under and we can not edit material but are having a new site built. As for changes in builds we do not offer new pumps or aluminum direct pistons as we no longer have access to them but can not edit content. We use only special frictions in the hi gear and the Alto wide band as advertised.Some are puzzled as to why we do not install the signal oil pipe anymore or the accumulator housing but that is part of the build,I am not going to get into the specifics of it or what else has been modified to allow the use or delete of these items.I am happy with how we do things here and and not going to change the procedure except will now use our new pans on every build and pay more attention to keeping things from leaking. If anyone has a complaint and wants it resolved they can either call me to discuss it or I can not be of any further assistance here.
I was just doing some research on trans fluids and came across this. I have one of your transmissions and have had it for a couple years. I am satisfied with it and the only issue I have is a rough shift when the converter locks up under daily driving conditions. I have not checked my pressures and I can tell you it seems great. I was recommend and bought your full billit one. It seems that some of these guys are running in the 10's could they be pushing it to hard or the tv cable not adjusted correctly? I am running 11's and have no problems. I am not taking any sides just thinking they maybe putting to much power down.