Cleaning the Radiator Question

Looks like the cleaning didn't work. Your efficiency will drop when you add antifreeze and make it worse.

Ok Guys another question , I have been draining and trying to get all the nasty anti freeze out and I have noticed that when I start the car cold and with the rad cap off as soon as it starts its flowing like hell SO does that mean mt T stat is stuck open ? but I have always heard if it is stuck open your heater will not be so good but my heat will run you out of there . I just replaced all the hoses and now fell like a dumb ass cause I didnt think of the T stat , oh well if I have to replace it its not that big of a deal . And yes Turbo6inKY I remember that stinking ass volcano lol

Ok Guys another question , I have been draining and trying to get all the nasty anti freeze out and I have noticed that when I start the car cold and with the rad cap off as soon as it starts its flowing like hell SO does that mean mt T stat is stuck open ? but I have always heard if it is stuck open your heater will not be so good but my heat will run you out of there . I just replaced all the hoses and now fell like a dumb ass cause I didnt think of the T stat , oh well if I have to replace it its not that big of a deal . And yes Turbo6inKY I remember that stinking ass volcano lol
I posted in your other thread, coolant temp question. Post 23. On a cold day with no t stat you may have weak heat. When the engine gets hot, if ever, you'll have heat.
I agree with above yours is stuck or not there. They can fail to open, stick half way and fail to close.

The reason your heater still worked with an open thermostat is because the radiator is clogged and doesn't cool effectively. If your cooling system was fully functional the engine would never warm up unless you let it idle until the fan came on... Then it would cool off as soon as you started moving.

The last few years I ran my stock radiator (over 10 years ago) it was so clogged it ran warm with no thermostat installed.

When you get the new thermostat in, make sure to drill a small steam hole on the edge and install it at the 12:00 position.

My old rad looked like sugar-frosted Miniwheats on the inside, so I did the F-body rad swap too, after replacing the T-stat. You may find the new T-stat base ring is too large a diameter and may need to be cut down with tin-snips and filed smooth prior to drilling the steam hole and installing. If it helps, I documented most of this when I did the work on my car.

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/coelacanths-86-gn.415173/

My old rad looked like sugar-frosted Miniwheats on the inside, so I did the F-body rad swap too, after replacing the T-stat. You may find the new T-stat base ring is too large a diameter and may need to be cut down with tin-snips and filed smooth prior to drilling the steam hole and installing. If it helps, I documented most of this when I did the work on my car.

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/coelacanths-86-gn.415173/
Hey Thanks Man