Closed loop idle numbers

alright, so there is a vacuum leak. gonna have to take turbo back off and re tap the mounting bolt hole. shredded bolt head off. the turbo wasn't seating right in the inlet bell to intake. it created a vacuum around it. so no tuning till that is fixed. joy.

mounting bolt hole fixed! (the advantages of working at a machine shop). cleaning out the throttle body some more and the iac input when i get home this evening. possible putting turbo back on if weather permits.

anyone paying attention to this thread? lol! so everything back together. cleaned the iac motor. still no change in my counts after resetting. i'm gonna try lubing the spring to see if that helps. if no change, i will order one from caspers. i adjusted the idle by ear and set the tps. running better but i'm sure i can do better once i get iac set correctly.

I kn0ow that it is frustrating, believe me. I get pi$$ed and mine and will let it set for weeks to a month. Now the people that have no issue either have enough money to pay someone to fix it or enough money to keep it running all the time. These things are a pain, but when running you go to love it.

i'm definetly ready for it to be right! lol! i've started priming her as well... i think i will rat rod her! lol! will the 86/87 iac controller work in the 84/85? they look alot alike.....the plug looks the same....thanks!

Does the throttle blade close or does it hang open?

Try setting the IAC manually.
Disconnect IAC, put the car in diagnostic mode and see if you can get the rpm to 500.
If not, you have your vacuum leak answer

roger that. a guy i work with recommended puting lithium grease on the spring....do you guys thinks thats a good idea?

I wouldnt. That would allow for more dirt gathering and build up. That dirt has to go somewhere eventually. And you don't want it to go into the motor!