Code 45 solutions?

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
Hey guys, I just moved to Texas and ran my car through emissions. It passed everything except the NOX reading, it was a little over the standard so it failed. My car's setup is in my signature, it's still pretty much stock. It passed in CT last year with the Cat and exhaust as it is now, but I did the TT chip, fuel pump/hotwire kit and pressure regulator since then. I tried throwing the stock chip back in and now I'm throwing code 45 which could be O2 running rich (I'm assuming the stock chip doesn't like the hotwire and pump?), or something with the wires or the chip. Anyone have this happen and figure out a solution. I tried backing the fuel pressure down a tiny bit (about 2 psi) and it still throws code 45. BLM and INT on the scanmaster are low 100's, like 105 which means it's crazy rich. I don't think I want to take the fuel pressure too low right? It's at about 38 psi right now. I've also heard that the Cat's can crap out too, but mine only has maybe 5,000-7,000 miles on it tops. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks guys!!

I should have also noted that when I took the car and it failed, it was only the third or fourth time in about 3 months the car had run and it had old gas in it. I'm pretty sure that could have had something to do with it too. I've run about a tank of new 93 through it now, would I be better off just throwing the TT chip back in and trying again or stay with the stock chip. I haven't checked to see if it throws the code when I put the TT chip back in, but it hasn't thrown a code on me ever since I put that TT chip in.

Call Eric (TT) and talk to him. I know he turns off the egr on his chips. He also has an emissions chip too, that might help you out.