Coil Pack Upgrade

I finally got around to doing this upgrade this afternoon. I used the Caspers wiring adapter instead of soldering wires. The hardest part for me was getting the bracket off the engine block. These instructions are very good. So good a novice like myself could do it. Thanks!!!

hi guys

I bought the accel super coil kit and it came with a plastic adapter plate but still the prongs got in the way as the instructions say dont bend tabs. o i need the harness kit too??

Casper's sells and wiring adapter that will go between the '84 harness and the '87 coil-- (I don't know what the Accell coil kit has) there are only 3 wires (A,B,C) that are the same on the '84 and '87 coils the rest are all different.

Could this be put in the Basic Hot Air "Sticky" section...alot of good info here.

im in process of converting my 84 ignition i dont understand why i would need a hotwire kit if caspers plugs into stock connector and why cant i drill 3 holes in 84 mounting plate and save $34.00?

im in process of converting my 84 ignition i dont understand why i would need a hotwire kit if caspers plugs into stock connector and why cant i drill 3 holes in 84 mounting plate and save $34.00?

Unfortunately, the pics are gone.
This is why I like pics uploaded. That way they are more “stable”. :frown:

You do not "need" the hotwire, and you do not "need" the plate. :wink:
The HW is for increased performance, the plate is for aesthetics/ease, and the 86-87 ignition upgrade is for cost and/or necessity.