COLUMBIA MISSOURI SAYING HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave 85' GN

Hello GN folks. My name is Dave Cunningham and I just got my First GN the other day. Its the hot air injected 1985 version, but regardless its a GN. I have some other rides I will share with you all. And there is a ton of past rides, but since I don't have them anymore, I'll only post up what I have to date.

I have a few questions on the car. Unknown of the history of it besides the carfax. I've got some new parts on it to make the idle better. Your basic stuff...fuel filter, cleaned MAF, plugs, wires, ect ect. There is a VoDoo sticker on the windsheild, so its possible it has a small upgraded cam. Maybe a 210/210. I'm not sure. However the ruff idle may be the fuel injectors aren't flowing right as the car has really just been sitting in a garage for the last 5 years. hmmmmm.....

Ive been doing a small amount of reading on the tuning of the car. I know I can't hook up my HPtuners to the car.....LOL I mean hell, I was only 3 years old when this car came out. So where are some places to order a small increase in power by swapping the chip in the ecu? Or anyone in the Missouri area tune these cars?

Well my current rides are the following:
1985 GN.....seems stock to me. Gonna bring the classics back to the street and daily drive this beast!!

1991 foxbody.....Just your everyday nasty 408 single digit fox. Weekend warrior and don't get drove a lot.

1972 Chevelle SS. Was completely messed up when I got it. Ripped it all apart and putting it back together in due time. Just finished up the interior and dakota digital dash. Gonna be a protouring car one day.

Attachments

• Daves GN.jpg
    Daves GN.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 170
  • DavesGN2.jpg
    DavesGN2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 177
  • fox1.jpg
    fox1.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 283
  • fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 157
  • chevelle1.jpg
    chevelle1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 174
  • chevelle2.jpg
    chevelle2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 151
  • chevelle3.jpg
    chevelle3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 156
Nice collection! Welcome aboard- you got the rarest (black) GN. You need to find what mods are done and if the previous owner converted to the "newer" ECM

aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the ecm is in the right kick panel. Is there a part number I can look for to see which ecu is in the car? Like a reference chart?

86-87 ECM are 1227148. If you have the older computer- I would make this your first mod- after the fuel pump of course.

There is more to it than just changing ECMs but you can find step-by-step instructions on gnttype.org I don't know if you're familiar with that site, but there is a lot of good info there.

I shall get on there and read up on this car. Thanks for the help. I plan on keeping this car for a longggggggg time.

Good to hear.... If you're ever in the St. Louis area, we have a local club and at least one hot-air car.

KC mo. here. We have a cruise night every Sat. night with 600-800 cars!. A good friend lives in Columbia and has a GN, Welcome to the board.

All you local guys to me, we gotta meet up sometime and have you all school me on this car. Little history lesson maybe. lol

Right now I'm dealing with this hard idle. Runs fine while moving though. Ran a can of seafoam through the intake last night. Didn't seem to help any. Iv'e checked for spark on all 6. fuel pressure at idle is 30ish, and raises when rpm increases. So hard to believe its fuel pump issues. New fuel filter as well. New plugs. MAF is facing the right direction as well. Found one vac leak, and fixed it up, but same results are showing.
I'm thinking the injectors are a bit dirty and are not flowing right at low rpm(aka IDLE) Cause I kid you not, the idle is like you pulling one of your plug wires on a good running car. There is no CAT on the car. Wonder if back pressure is needed for the ecm? Hmmmm.

KC mo. here. We have a cruise night every Sat. night with 600-800 cars!. A good friend lives in Columbia and has a GN, Welcome to the board.
We have a cruise night on the 2nd saturday of every month down here in como. Bunch of the younger generation meets up every weds. night. You buddy with his GN here in columbia would be willing to meet up sometime, I'd like to learn more about this car. Tell him to drive around the Machens Nissan Dealership.....he will see the car.