"common" replacement parts - what year cars match?

j13smiley

i need some simple items... namely the fuse panel cover. but i'm sure i'll find other trim pieces, etc that i might need. what year firebirds will the parts match? it looks like i'll be searching junk cars, etc so what years can i look for?

thanks!

Best bet is gonna be 1989 GTA's, though 87-90 GTA's all shared many parts. Remember that aside from the upper rear seats and the instrument cluster everything else in the interior of a TTA is GTA - including the wire harnesses.

But for something like a fuse panel cover or the underdash covers any similar year firebird should work.

HTH,
Steve

Fuse panel cover you can get from any 82 - 89 (90 they changed) Firebird / TA and even most Camaro's from the same years.

For other interior pieces 88-91 is the correct color, the door panels only came in 88 and 89 GTA's. Camaro's 88-91 also have the same interior parts (beechwood color).

Other parts as mentioned would interchange from most 3rd gen's depends what you need, anything electrical you might need to get from a 89 as they changed wire harnesses etc between the years.