CompCam 979 valve springs are in

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
Well I finally did it! I went ahead and opened her up and replaced the valvsprings. Performance is just as everyone described it to be, mid range to top end pulls much harder. I don't know why I waited so long?!

Then I went to BM to see what was up and too make a long story short I got to play with a mkIV supra with a big T73 single turbo. I beat him 4 out of 4. 3 runs were from a roll and 1 from a stop. I'm feeling pretty good right now.:D :D

About freakin' time!

Now you're just that much more illegal to run at the drag strip without a roll bar:cool:

Sweet kill. A high $ MkIV no doubt.

z06 Rob,

Welcome to the Buick board! I'm the guy that brings the "slow" 87GN out to BurgerMaster.

Frank only gave us the brief summary in the beginning post. But he did mention to me that you were riding shotgun in that bad black Buick. How about sharing your perspective on the MkIV kill?
Evidently, that was their highest horsepowered Supra at their dyno pulls that day - something like 580HP.

Maybe I should run my mid 13's GN against the other locals to make them feel better about not losing by such a large margin:eek:

Dan,

Well I only go to the track a couple of time a year. In pure street trim I run 11.9's on a hot day. That was with a stock motor and the mods that I'm about to list.

Mods to date:

PTE-51, MSD 50's, SMC Alky, RJC power plate, Walbro 307 hot wired, hooker cat back with areochamber muffs, ATR 3" down pipe, CAS v4, AFPR, and now 979 comp springs.

Last time I dyno'd was 433 hp and 569tq at the wheels on pump gas and a 20* chip with 24psi of boost.

Rob,

I might have mention it to a few people :) Really just Bill and Dan H.

as the saying goes...

Do you know what a 600RWHP Supra and a 1200RWHP Supra have in common....

they both run 12's.

Frank put on a good showing... basically killed this guy from (2) 40MPH rolls and once from a stop... very nice work Frank.

Rob

Hey Rob, good to see you here....now if we could only get the guy with the slow C5 to pop in every now and then....:D

I haven't been going out much lately, but its good to know that Frank is there to "take care of business" for us Buick guys. ;)

Frank, imagine how fast that beast would be if it had some TRACTION! :eek:

Bill,

Traction was an issue on the stop. I left the light after he did from idle, and by the time Rob and I were passing the Supra my ass end was hanging out there... As soon as I hooked up I was goooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeee!

BTW, Mike sold his Viper the other day... he's now in a real slow car, while the Vette is away...

Rob

Really? Wow, I thought he was having fun with the Viper. So what is he driving now until the Vette gets back....the 5.0?

yeah... pretty much... although I think Frank is buying the 5.0... and Mike is picking up an STi.

Rob

Originally posted by z06_rob
as the saying goes...

Do you know what a 600RWHP Supra and a 1200RWHP Supra have in common....

they both run 12's.-----------------lol

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
Dan,

Well I only go to the track a couple of time a year. In pure street trim I run 11.9's on a hot day. That was with a stock motor and the mods that I'm about to list.

Mods to date:

PTE-51, MSD 50's, SMC Alky, RJC power plate, Walbro 307 hot wired, hooker cat back with areochamber muffs, ATR 3" down pipe, CAS v4, AFPR, and now 979 comp springs.

Rob,

What stall do you have on your convertor for the above combo?

Dannyo

Danster,

My name is Frank, Rob is a buddie with a Z06 and ex GN owner, I run a 3K stall 9/11 converter from PTS.

Frank