Converter Whine?

rmc

my 200r4/D5 with over 100k has a loud whine when put into reverse or fwd gears. Sounds like a supercharger...... noise seems to go away at higher speeds. noise increases in pitch with rev of motor. quiet in P or N. Trans seems to shift fine.

Im assuming a pump or converter issue.

Did a fluid /filter change. good color. normal debris in bottom of pan.

Besides swapping parts is there a way to narrow down the issue? Replace both?

my 200r4/D5 with over 100k has a loud whine when put into reverse or fwd gears. Sounds like a supercharger...... noise seems to go away at higher speeds. noise increases in pitch with rev of motor. quiet in P or N. Trans seems to shift fine.

Im assuming a pump or converter issue.

Did a fluid /filter change. good color. normal debris in bottom of pan.

Besides swapping parts is there a way to narrow down the issue? Replace both?

park and neutral usually is the pump. in gear or reverse is converter. change soon before you get too much metal in your pan. could clog up some shift servos I would think. always something with these cars. that's the fun of it. good luck brother

park and neutral usually is the pump. in gear or reverse is converter. change soon before you get too much metal in your pan. could clog up some shift servos I would think. always something with these cars. that's the fun of it. good luck brother

When i pull the converter isvthere a test to know if its bad?

When i pull the converter isvthere a test to know if its bad?

I shook mine and you could here it lol. Pull your pan and check for metal. Mine looked like wet sand from the beach. Flush your transmission too. Pull the converter and don't drive it until you replace it. DOnt want to pop for a new tranny if the damage isn't done yet.