Convertors on Cottons Page

1985GN

Breaking parts
ok guys just out of curiousity i was looking over at Cottons web page at his convertors for our tranny's. i see he has 2 convertors for a nice nice nice price. the first was a Red Stripe Convertor, 2800rpm's, and sold for $199 the other was an Orange Stripe Convertor that staleld at 3000rpm's and it sold for $210. whats the stories on these convertors are they any good? im on a tight tight tight budget and these seem a nice upgrade from stock at a nice price. anyone running these convertors at all and do they like them? anyone reccomend these? htanks

they are adjusted stock converters....they are good...not so much for performance with a turbo any bigger than a 49 or a 44 ... but they are good products

i had his orange stripe convertor, drove great on the street (with a te44) and if you use the old ebrake launch method i was able to hold 15 lbs at the line at around 3000 stall
Otto

I "was" running the Red Stripe with a stock turbo, and blew the bearing out. But I do a lot of street racing. :D

I got it from a buddy of mine, in trade for a motor swap with TurboGN. If I had known then what I know now...

I wouldn't be the correct guy to ask, since mine more than likely had past abuse.

But my next one will be smaller with a much higher stall to take advantage of lrm/tmf.

HTH
Erik