Coolant temp sensor

tford

Registered Member
Where do I get one. Caspers price is ridiculous. Is the one summit carries the correct one?

Autozone it is. Thanks. I'm assuming it needs to have thread tape on it when I install it, right? Or is pipe dope better? Do all of the sensors in the intake get some kind of thread sealant? How about knock sensor?

Thread tape, dope, magic jizz, GM seal tabs, blah blah blah.. or just let it drip unit cooling system debris stop the leak.... Other than leaking, that's your only issue.

Note: single wire sensors use the mechanical bond to the head/intake/etc to make the ground path. Chitloads of tape or dope can compromise your electrical connection and skew or kill the readings. That's why I use Yamabond.

...on the knock sensor, DO NOT put ANYTHING on the threads. It needs a specific load to do it's job (doesn't hit water) and any think that will muffle frequencies will alter your knock sensitively to the bad.

Thanks. Sorry for the newb questions. Never done this before. New engine going in and replacing all sensors, gaskets, and hoses.

If the old sensors work, I'd leave them be. Just because somethings new doesn't mean it works better.

Tested and working beats out new any day of the week for me. ESP for parts that are massproduced for profit by chinese companies that don't have to stand behind them.