Custom steering wheel...

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
My son just bought this steering wheel from Classic industries and is very disappointed with it. From a distance, it looks ok but when looking at it more closely, you can see that :
1° the color is wrong,
2° the metal spokes edges are quite rough, not smooth,
3° the brushed finish is different between the spokes and the horn cap ring
4°the leather sewing is awful.
Have you guys seen this kind or have some recommendation for nice ones which would look good in a GN?

Claude.
20170420_170245.jpg 20170420_170229.jpg 20170420_170240.jpg

My son just bought this steering wheel from Classic industries and is very disappointed with it. From a distance, it looks ok but when looking at it more closely, you can see that :
1° the color is wrong,
Have you guys seen this kind or have some recommendation for nice ones which would look good in a GN?

Claude.
View attachment 302004 View attachment 302005 View attachment 302006
If it was me I would send it back, looks like shit. Buy a restored steering wheel from Dennis Kirban they are costly but look brand new.

1° the color is wrong,

Claude.
:eek::eek::eek:

If it was me I would send it back, looks like shit. Buy a restored steering wheel from Dennis Kirban they are costly but look brand new.
He's probably going to send it back. He already has the stock one in his car ('87WE4) but he would've liked something different from what everybody has…

Claude.

He's probably going to send it back. He already has the stock one in his car ('87WE4) but he would've liked something different from what everybody has…

Claude.
Dude! Send that shit back to China!

If your son wants something a little more flashy, strip the leather off a beat up stocker, send it out to be chromed, and find out if Denis can have yours specifically re-wrapped. That, along with a polished or chromed horn ring would look kind of flashy yet elegant. Throw some stainless allen head bolts on the ring and you get the whole BLING package.

Last edited:
1° the color is wrong,

Claude.

Looks like ..... Wouldn't take it if you gave it to me! Suck it up and buy one from Kirban.

Claude.

Believe me, that one is something different from what everybody else has....REALLY different!

Bruce '87 Grand National

IMG_1963.PNG

My friend had one of these in his T Type and had the center cap engraved by a jeweler. Good quality wheel and not expensive, I would prefer stock but this is a good next option.

Ffsteeringwheels.com

The name of the company is forever sharp, I have seen similar ones on eBay for less but these are already reasonably priced and I have seen the quality of them in person.

Man, that's one awesome steering wheel.....very classy design! Really like it!

Bruce '87 Grand National

replacing the stock steering wheel is like replacing the stock seats. just has no place in a TR. stock is king.

ha... still have a GN but crossed over to the Turbo Mustang world.... I know I'm a trader lol

Damn Brett where have you been hiding? You have been missed
ha... still have a GN but crossed over to the Turbo Mustang world.... I know I'm a trader lol

It just wasn't the same without your strong opinions piercing a friendly thread.
Speaking of opinions.....I happen to agree with you about the steering wheel. That's why I recommended the possibility of finding a tasteful customizing of the stocker in an earlier post.
Also, another opinion........MUSTANGS SUCK!!!!!:LOL::ROFLMAO: