Cutting out issues.

Dreamn4GN

So I just drove the car 300 miles round trip to a big cruising Weekend and beat on her pretty good for 3 nights straight no issues whatsoever. Get home drop my girl off and I get into it a little bit on the way to my house (5 minutes away) and I get into the boost , around 10lbs she just cuts out. No issues like this before. Fuel pressure is rising as it should so I feel the pump is good. I'm wondering if it's the MAF or my coil. The car idled fine and drives fine if I keep the boost under 10lbs. Original coil and upgraded 3.5" MAF. Should I tap on the MAF at idle to see if she stumbles? What about the coil? Where can I find a reliable coil? Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated. I wanna get this car to the track.

Tapping the MAF usually only works with the stocker. It had more parts than a newer maf that could get rattled loose. The newer style MAFs are made of sterner stuff. When they go (or if they go? I've never heard of a new style failing), they just quit.

If the plugs are still good, It's most likely the coil/ignition module. When they're compromised, they'll misfire under boost because the cylinder pressure will snuff out the weakened spark. Wires could be shot, too. At any rate, I'd be looking at the ignition system.

You can get coils and modules at any parts store, but it'll be a crap shoot. If you want it fixed for good, get Bob Bailey's TR-6 box and coil set.

Sounds like a fuel problem to me. Do you have anyway to data log?
Negative in the log. I do have the 3.5" MAF. Wires are about 3 years old along with everything else in spring cleaning including flow matched injectors and etc. Wonder if the fuel I got was shit before I made the trip home. I guess I should start with least invasive first I assume.

When I say cut off, she doesn't shut off, she just pretty much shuts down to idle. No other issues while driving regularly.

gotta love it... people just coming through rating things as dumb.. not even sure why i even ask on this forum anymore.

gotta love it... people just coming through rating things as dumb.. not even sure why i even ask on this forum anymore.
Most likely it was done inadvertently by someone scrolling on their phone. I've done it myself a couple times and had it done to me lots of times. Having said that, I can totally relate to your last sentence...

Have you checked your fusesable links down at your starter? I bet they are pretty close to your hot headers and it melted through causing your issue . Check it out

Negative in the log. I do have the 3.5" MAF. Wires are about 3 years old along with everything else in spring cleaning including flow matched injectors and etc. Wonder if the fuel I got was shit before I made the trip home. I guess I should start with least invasive first I assume.
Do you have a plug and play harness for your 3 1/2"MAF? I had one and I had exactly the problem you described. It turned out to be a bad connection int the adapter hrness.

I had a few issues that i resolved. I got a new MAF, chasing an EGR delete leak and I still was having issues.. turns out after adjusting the translator I had my alky gain to high causing it to sputter

If the plugs are still good, It's most likely the coil/ignition module. When they're compromised, they'll misfire under boost because the cylinder pressure will snuff out the weakened spark. Wires could be shot, too. At any rate, I'd be looking at the ignition system.

Corrected my issues. Brian Lorenz changed the plugs, spark plugs, and then coil/module. and it cured mine from cutting out.

Changed the plugs to Champion 44 T (better shrouded), and are better than the new NGKs UR4 that I just changed to.
Changed the plug wires because although they were not that old they were falling apart.
Changed to coils/module because over 4000 RPMs and deceleration, it was popping (cutting out). My guess a weak coil.

Corrected my issues. Brian Lorenz changed the plugs, spark plugs, and then coil/module. and it cured mine from cutting out.

Changed the plugs to Champion 44 T (better shrouded), and are better than the new NGKs UR4 that I just changed to.
Changed the plug wires because although they were not that old they were falling apart.
Changed to coils/module because over 4000 RPMs and deceleration, it was popping (cutting out). My guess a weak coil.

Fantastic!

And we have a rare thing here. A thread where somebody had a problem, and actually reported back that it was fixed and what actually fixed it! Well done!