Daily Driving on Alky

WhiskeyGN

Just a quick thing: if you put alky in running it on an average setting, how fast in the consumption? I would like to do it on my pretty much daily driven GN but I don't wanna be burning through it super fast just driving around town.

It only uses it when you go into boost over 15lbs. I just went to the track Wed nite and made 4 passes at 25lbs. I used about 1/2 a quart. I carry a gallon fuel jug in the trunk. The system has a low level light that comes on in the car.

This info is for Razor's kit...I mean the only real kit.

Coach

Mines a D/D & I check it weekly & fill as needed;
It takes me about 6 months to go through a 5 gal. can
(depending on traffic...)
Do_O

If you have the stock settings in the box the alky will start coming in around 6psi and progress untill about 20psi.

I fill my bucket once every couple weeks and it's not empty, I just like to keep it topped off

I run 20+psi all the time and DD my TR in the summer. I use about 10 gallons/year with a LOT of passes at the strip in the 11's, so roughly 1 gallon per 1,000 miles of driving with plenty of street runs and a few passes in there too. I never like to even see my low light flash. I try to keep it topped off at 3/4 full or more all the time. Alky pressure drops with fluid level and we have a lot of hills so sloshing can be an issue too. I should just get a cell. I turn my pump on sooner, 5psi, but with less initial and an agressive ramp. And Razor's kit keeps adding up to 30psi. His pump is also not maxed until the initial and gain knobs are maxxed and you run 30psi, as far as I know.

If you have the stock settings in the box the alky will start coming in around 6psi and progress untill about 20psi.

I fill my bucket once every couple weeks and it's not empty, I just like to keep it topped off
It keeps progressing to 30 PSI ;)

I like to keep mine topped-off, but I also hooked a REAL loud buzzer into my "low lite"
$6 insurance policy from Radio Shack!:confused:
Do_O

ok cool where do you guys buy your booze at like chain wise.

The cheapest place is someone who sells racing fuel. It should be around $3/gal.

To get me by for several months when I first installed my kit I went to the hardware store a few blocks away and bought denatured alcohol. It was initially $10/gal but went up to $17/gal after they replenished their stock. Since then I found a supplier of racing fuel that sold it for $3/gal and I bought 7 gal's.

ks

Ive gone through about 9 gallons in 6k miles with a dual nozzle razrs kit. I cant find it any cheaper than $7 a gallon though, $3 is a bargain!

wow, then Im very happy with my Meth supplier. he has it for $4 a gallon. I get 10/15 gallons when i call him. sort of stock up on it.

I just filled a 5 gallon jug at the track for $16.00....This will be my first time using meth.. Been running denatured since I went with alky!!

3.8L V-8 eater said:
I just filled a 5 gallon jug at the track for $16.00....This will be my first time using meth.. Been running denatured since I went with alky!!

Cool. That's what it goes for here too and I'm glad. It works the best and I like to spray often.

Go to a speed shop, buy a racing 5 gallon plastic racefuel jug (color of your choice,i bought a clear one),Then you just take your jug to the shop for fillings,($20-$30), they make them with easy pour spouts to,just put the tube in the Alky holder an pour,(Do Not get Alky on your Paint!!) With your Alky kit topped off,an daylie driving,You should get 2 fuel tanks of gasoline fuel to one of the alky kit's. But all depends on YOUR RIGHT FOOT!!...5 gallons of Alky should last you Months on the "Street"...

IMG_3146.JPG

Enjoy!