Diassapointed @ 13.42

V666

thanks in advance for looking and help you can offer.

Bone stock my 87 GN ran 14.0's @ 98mph. Stock boost, pump gas, no knock

Since then, I've added the following mods:

AFPR @ 43psi
TT 5.7 burned for 94 octane
Ls1 Maf and 3" pipe with 9" k&n
Adj wastegate
3" TA downpipe, test pipe
Dual 3" gn1 exhaust
Did new plugs, wires, spring clean

With the above, plus running 104 and 21 lbs boost (no knock), the best I could muster is 13.42 at 104. the 60 fts are 2.27. I really had to ease into it to avoid spinning and even still it would spin a bit 60 feet out. I was only gently brining it up on the converter. O2's were 800-850.

Despite the traction issues, I am still underwhelmed, since I've seen some run in the 12's.

Thoughts?

Traction will put you in the 12s. ..More boost will get you further as well

Bryan

I didn't want to push boost much more. How much should I be able run on 104?

What the others have said, get the 60ft down to 1.8 or better and you'll be in the high 12's

Give more boost your O2 are still high get closer to 770 on your O2 by turning boost a little.

Too fat on the launch can/will cause poor short times.
Once you get some tires, and get the other items mentioned under control, you'll see a much better result.
Practice helps! I have a practice tree....Scary, when I see what I think is a good reaction time....But, I'm older than dirt, so I have an excuse!:smuggrin:

Then, there's always a possibility the combo involves a 16 sec driver in a 12 sec car!:LOL:

MT drag radials with a launch on boost is first on your list. 1.6-7 should be your goal. Practice at the track for that. The stock turbo is pretty much done at 21. Once you figure out the 60' I'ld be looking at alky and a big neck intercooler from Nick.