Did I Make a Mistake Ordering Center Line Wheels?

I was one of the earlier buyer of Centerline Rev wheels when I got sick of seeing every car at shows with the Torque Thrust 2 wheels I WAS running on my GN. Was a total nightmare. I went with 15 x8 in the rear with 4" backspace and 15 x 6 in the front. Issues I had was delivery time and then was sent wheels that had runout like a shopping carts front wheels! Took them about 6 wheels to get it right!

Make sure you run them on a balancer machine before mounting any tires. There was also an issue with different types of wheelcaps. The final kicker not there fault was my stupid mail man picking up wheels that were delivered by FedEx! Of course there was no record and had to chase around town to find where USPS had them. In the end I am very happy with the wheels but was a real struggle to get them.

gnatmoroso2016.jpg

Yes, your experience is what led me to proceed cautiously and to do more research into what progress they have made in the last 7+ years. Seems improved from what I could read on the net. We'll see.

They look great on your car. These wheels really expose the brakes so I forsee needing to consider my brake options in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I would love to have another set of Weld Draglites. I wish they made them in 16 inch.

Finally launched my wheel and tire project for Spring by ordering some things. Wheels are very subjective but I liked the look of the Center Line Competition Series Rev wheels. Polished chrome, 5 big holes around the face. Cost had very little to do with it.

Anyway, I ordered from Center Line on Wednesday and I still don't have an Order Confirmation or Acknowledgement. I know it's only been 3 days but shouldn't an Order Confirmation be almost automatic? This slightly concerns me as I've read some horrors with Center Line but it appeared they had gotten better over the last 3-5 years.

It's hard to even pull the plug on a wheel order if it goes sideways because I'm finding most wheels take a long while to ship.

Any advice?

When I ordered my Welds from JEGS it took 6 weeks to get them.
The guy who took my order said be glad you're not ordering Centerlines because they take 3 months.

I've been thinking about these wheels, too. Glad I found this thread, but it looks like the PITA waiting and shipping pays off.

I was able to finally reach Center Line and obtain an order confirmation. I spoke to them again this week and I'm told the wheels might be done next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Of course the wheels were not done this week and that's ok as the original estimate was 4-5 weeks which would put delivery out to the week of the 20th. I was told today the "outers" have still not been received and the guy felt 50/50 they'd be received next week. Oookay.

Anyway, I can wait.

The one thing that doesn't sit well with me is this: they charged my credit card weeks ago. I thought most companies only charge your credit card once your item is ready to ship or shipped. I feel like me and thousands of others around the country are basically funding Center Line's business; like we are buying their materials for them, etc. They are paid in full and earning interest before anything happens. It's not like these wheels are one-offs or custom made. Is this the new normal?

What a business model. Quote months of lead time and get paid up front. Boy, when my father had his machine shop for 15+ years back in the 80s and 90s, we could have actually survived the rough times had our customers fronted us all the money instead of taking 60-90+ days to pay us.

Been a long week. Sorry. TGIF.

Of course the wheels were not done this week and that's ok as the original estimate was 4-5 weeks which would put delivery out to the week of the 20th. I was told today the "outers" have still not been received and the guy felt 50/50 they'd be received next week. Oookay.

Anyway, I can wait.

The one thing that doesn't sit well with me is this: they charged my credit card weeks ago. I thought most companies only charge your credit card once your item is ready to ship or shipped. I feel like me and thousands of others around the country are basically funding Center Line's business; like we are buying their materials for them, etc. They are paid in full and earning interest before anything happens. It's not like these wheels are one-offs or custom made. Is this the new normal?

What a business model. Quote months of lead time and get paid up front. Boy, when my father had his machine shop for 15+ years back in the 80s and 90s, we could have actually survived the rough times had our customers fronted us all the money instead of taking 60-90+ days to pay us.

Been a long week. Sorry. TGIF.
Took me 4 months to get mine made.

I had my 15 X10 and 15X 8 Weld Rod Lite wheels ordered from McCormack Racing on my doorstep within 2 weeks of ordering.

I thought about Centerline Wheels, and then I read the horror stories.

I know in the end, it will, but I hope it works out for you sooner than later.

Attachments

• IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 64
The Saga / Waiting Game Continues...

2/20: Spoke - he said should ship this week, feels confident the pieces will arrive in the next couple days.

2/27: Spoke - couple days, problems with the outers, call back Wed.

3/1: Operator, guy is in other building, call back later in day.

3/1: Spoke - early next week, parts not in, not sure if polished or not, will be 2-day turnaround time once pieces received, said he'll try to polish the inside too for me. I can cancel for full refund but thinks I should wait a little longer.

3/10: Called, no answer and then emailed. Received email reply - waiting for shipment on Monday. If they show up, he can ship them on Wed.

3/14: Email reply "nothing yet." Called and spoke - asked him why. Supplier issues, me and 700 other orders, US-based supplier, happened 4 years ago too when supplier management changed. I asked if he was concerned about the supplier and he said no. Told him I'd give this another week.

Original promise date was 4-5 weeks. It is now 8 weeks.

At what point do I give up???

Wheels are just like girlfriends.....Lots of them to choose from. Getting excessive "heartburn"? Make another choice.:D

Never ordered wheels but have ordered other big items and had to wait, contemplating after delay after delay to cancel or not. I gave it as long as I could but once it starts delaying driving the car my patience wears out. With winter here our potential drive time is already short enough.

Did you check out Champion billet wheels ? They have the style your looking for . When I ordered mine they said 10 -12 weeks , they emailed shipping updates and I received them in 11 weeks and customer service was great for any questions I had . Sam
http://www.championbillet.com/drag-race-wheels/
http://www.championbillet.com/black-wheels/
Thanks Sam. I had not looked at them. Nice stuff but I'm just not into beadlocks for the rear yet. Appreciate the link though. Bookmarked for the future.

I've bough billet specialties wheels 2 sets over the last couple years and always had them in days and the quality is great made in us. Always smart to check and see if you can get rims through amazon. Great return policy and customer support is good . Plus the price was cheaper than summit.