Disappointment sets in

Dreamn4GN

finally took my car to the track and I'm disappointed but I know she's got a better time in her. First time I've ever went down the track actually. My heart was RACING. Rolled right through the lights lol. Backed up , got set or least I thought. Saw green and took off with a shitty 2.3 60' running a measly 13.80 my first pass eve at like 107. Second pass was a shittier 60' at like 2.4 but picked up 2/10's at a 13.60 @ 108. Car ran clean with no knock at 22lbs. Not sure if this 2800 stall is enough and the turbo being too big for stock motor and heads. But I thought I could touch the low 12's. Jokes on me that's for sure.

Seat time, seat time, seat time. Your 60' is really hurting your time. Drag radials if you don't have them and launch on the highest boost you can without spinning.

Data logs say?
Alky interrupt on?
Any records as to weather, track prep, tire psi, etc?

No logs. Just usual, 43lbs of FP line off. Boost at 22-23 lbs o2's around 790 whole pass 0 knock what so ever. Alky at 5 , have nitto's but they got 33lbs in them lol It's been hotter than usual last few days. Wasnt the best air. Track was good had cars going 7's last night. I had lock up in hooked. Had the car in OD. I think I should have left it in just D because she shifted into 4th right at that 1,000ft Mark. Seat time will be my best friend. I don't think I left with more than 2-3lbs at the line.

I need to just worry about me and my own shit. Seem to let other racers mess with my routine. I need to lay on them brakes and get that boat up. Hopefully dropping the air in the drag radials will help me hold some more boost. I do have the s10 rear brake cylinders new in packages. Might try throwing them in. I dunno, kinda why I never ran the car because I didn't wanna be infatuated with some number. I just like driving the thing. I've races vettes and new camaro SS on the street and pulled from these cars given they are stock. Now I question if I should have bought the pypes exhaust or the gbody SLIC.

There is a lot more to to dragracing than you'ld think. Start with your tires, too much pressure. If you have no data log you have write everything down so you can in a notebook so you can start getting better. No overdrive, keep in D.

There is a lot more to to dragracing than you'ld think. Start with your tires, too much pressure. If you have no data log you have write everything down so you can in a notebook so you can start getting better. No overdrive, keep in D.
Yeah I just need some more seat time. And i didn't wanna change anything at first. Wanted to see what she could do off the street. I got my notebook already filled out with times , car set up , air temp and etc. did I mention first and second time down the drag strip ever? Lol. I'm humbled but addicted.

You can't dial the car in until you are dialed in. I suffer from the same problem. :eek:

Get into a groove. Have a routine you follow every time you come to the line, it should start well before the water box. Race only yourself and no one else. if the other guy gets to the end of the track first, but you have a better ET, who really has bragging rights? :cool:

Reaction time has nothing to do with 60' times or ET. Don't bother to worry about cutting a light until you learn how to launch the car. Mash on the brakes a couple of times, hold them down hard, let the light drop, doesn't matter if it's green for 3 -5 more seconds. Build a little boost and let her rip.

You'll see those 60' times begin to drop. Keep that up and once you know where the car wants to be when it launches, then get consistent at it. Again, you're only racing yourself.

You'll have plenty of time to learn the intricacies of Bracket and Heads Up racing once you have the mechanics of launching the car ingrained in your mind.

If I would heed my own advice, I'd be running 10.2's all day long instead of the consistent 10.6's I do now. :banghead:

Nerves will get the best of you at the line. First time at the track this year I was not ready at all. Connected the powerlogger, and hit monitor but forgot to start recording. That was the beginning of problems. Then I wasn't paying attention to the track official when pulling up to the water. Still trying to get the powerlogger to record I did a burnout using the line lock for the first time. Then pulled to the lights and turned on the 2 step, again for the first time. Mashed the brakes, started to load it and remembered I never purged the alky. Pushed that bottom and watched the wideband for the drop. Looked up and already on the second yellow. Let off the brake and stomped on it with no boost. 2.2 60'. Wasn't happy. Next run the car in front of me lost his hood at the end of the track and we had to shut down for a couple minutes. Of course everything is screwed up again, but got stagged perfect and ready to go. But this time I had the 2 step a little too high and it pushed through the beam. Again crap 60' but the rest of the run felt strong. By the 3rd run I was pulling 1.67 60'. Seat time as everyone said. If you are doing test and tune run yourself and not other people.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nerves will get the best of you at the line. First time at the track this year I was not ready at all. Connected the powerlogger, and hit monitor but forgot to start recording. That was the beginning of problems. Then I wasn't paying attention to the track official when pulling up to the water. Still trying to get the powerlogger to record I did a burnout using the line lock for the first time. Then pulled to the lights and turned on the 2 step, again for the first time. Mashed the brakes, started to load it and remembered I never purged the alky. Pushed that bottom and watched the wideband for the drop. Looked up and already on the second yellow. Let off the brake and stomped on it with no boost. 2.2 60'. Wasn't happy. Next run the car in front of me lost his hood at the end of the track and we had to shut down for a couple minutes. Of course everything is screwed up again, but got stagged perfect and ready to go. But this time I had the 2 step a little too high and it pushed through the beam. Again crap 60' but the rest of the run felt strong. By the 3rd run I was pulling 1.67 60'. Seat time as everyone said. If you are doing test and tune run yourself and not other people.

You can set your powerlogger to start recording via the TPS. One less thing to have to think about.........

You can set your powerlogger to start recording via the TPS. One less thing to have to think about.........
It is, but I like to show before just in case something is wrong prior to the run. Also I like to see it recording so it is not a question if it is actually recording. I have had it crash midway through a run and ended up popping a head gasket and no log to see what happened.

Planning on taking another trip to the strip here soon. Anyone tell me how much boost there holding with the vac set up? I'm about to stand on the pedal this time, and take some air out the tires. I'm hoping I can least get 5-6 lbs before I start creeping.

I'm hoping I can least get 5-6 lbs before I start creeping.
put the s10 rears in,a set of great tires in the rear with under 20psi of air.do a burnout,put the car in drive,engage the ebrake,load as much boost as you can(I used to leave at 20psi) and come out as hard as you can.