Do I need exhaust manifold gaskets?

SpeednV6

Fuel Pressure Gauges
I was running my jet coated headers with no gasket. I only used the copper stuff. I pulled off the header and noticed alot of carbon around the inside of the outing. Should I be usuing the exhaust manifold gaskets?

Thx

what is the inside of the outing? ;) ...... running gaskets is not necessary if you tighten them good

I'll second the FP1400's. I've never had a problem with header leaks at the flanges with these in place.

The stock replacements burn up in about one day (silver foil POS type).

What crossover pipes are you guys running? I couldn't get my stock crossover to fit with the FP1400s.

-Banning.

Banning, i'm with you. Using Kirbens crossover and another bought at the Nats having the same problem. Appears to be about a 1/4" short. I dont know if its the 1400s or engine rebuild or both. It was hell prying the pipe over to the D/S manifold and attaching. BTW i dont recomend doing this, sure is alot of stress on the exhaust manifolds. Hey, maybe this is why my #3 ehhaust lobe and lifter went away after 4700 miles...LOL.....Carter

take a belt sanded to the headers to make sure they are flat then put ultracopper on the header and tighten up use lockwashers where nessesary and run the car and then once its hot retighten the will give you the best seal

george

if you dont have a gasket you cant blow one..right?

i use a steel strait edge and put sticky back sandpaper on it and use it to surface the header flange flat .

use a small strait edge with the sandpaper and clean up the head surfaces at the ports also and bolt it up and forget it.

i just wish we could do heads to block that way..:D