dropped the pan...uh oh

T

Turboaddict

Ok i went to take out the pan bolts and drop the pan. when I was down to my last bolt i dropped the pan and saw the filter fell with it. not good. the filter was just sitting there when i took the pan. I dont know how the filter's neck loosened out from the pump bore. Its a 700r4 filter. I remember last time when i put that in, I pushed the filter neck all the way up the bore until it stopped. How did the filter just come out of the pump bore like that?:eek: :confused: :(

Good thing i ordered Bruce's sump filter. That shouldn't fall off next time i change the trans fluid.

Where was the little Filter O-ring at?

Was it still around the neck of the filter? or was it up in the "tube"???

It will not work

Unless you did some modifications to the vb like grinding the casting. At stock, it will not work as it hit vb not allowing it to sit correctly. And yes, our sump will NEVER fall out. In fact , I have guys asking me how to get it out once they have installed. LOL:D
Good luck and avoid the atf shampoo!

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

Wow..thats Strange......Maybe when putting in the filter you didn't push it up far enough? I have done it before......

i didnt do anything to the valve body or tranny. I did push the filter all the way up until it stopped. Maybe it just didnt sit correctly like Bruce said.

Look in the tube

I had a simular experience. When I changed my fluid I found out I had pulled the old filter and didn't pull the old ring out of the hole. I lookked in the hole and there was the old ring from the first filter I missed when changing the first time. It got pushed further in the hole and the new one didn't go all the way in the hole. After removing the old ring I felt the new one snap in place.

there was no other o rings when the filter went down. when i removed the pan the filter neck did not stay up in the pump bore. Its as if it was detached from the pump the whole time:eek: and it was in the pan already when i dropped it.