DS and Win XP

Dave, Thanks for the tip regarding the short cut on your desk top. I did the same, modified the shortcut and get the same full size screen, run in windows. I have not tried this in the car yet, but expect it will work out fine.

Thanks again for the great insight.

Steve

Dave:

With all the talk about "DOS boot disks", just though of it as an option.

One more question:

I'm looking at refurbished machines too (to to $$ constraints). I think I recall something about PIII being a problem over PII. Am I recalling incorrectly? I have a line on a 15" Dell PIII 1000, or a 15" Dell PII 400.

:-Dean

laptop

Dean -
I've got a Compaq Presario 1600s, just took it in trade from a 5th year Medical student wanting a new Gateway...thing looks and runs like new - $350 shipped.
Thanks!

JC

That is certainly our price range.

Can you send me some more info off line?

If you hunt around enough you can find an itronix laptop for $50 plus shipping. backlight, ruggedized, win 3.1 for pen computing, touchscreen. water resistant and shock resistant! 16MB ram, 486 dx/50Mhz, has parallel and serial ports. The thing is like -MADE- to use w/ scantools. only problem is the screen is monochrome. DS lets you tinker with colors to fix that though.

So my wife just got me a W98 laptop off of eBay. It will be nice to have a laptop with a battery that works gauranteed to hold a full charge, 90 day warranty).