DS installation question

T

Turboaddict

I am planning on getting DS in the future. What part of the ECM has to be modified and how is it modified so DS can be installed?

There is a metal tab on the opposite end of the wiring harness. You need to bend and break that tab off and then clean the end of the board with laquer thinner. Make sure its really clean because I've read about guys who get odd readings or it won't work at all. I took my time and it worked first shot. The instruction are well detailed (except for the breaking the tab off) I used tin snips to get a clean cut and then filed the edges down as to not cut the ribbon cable.

Matt

I just bent the flange back and forth till it broke off, it is a sharp bend and will break right on the bend if you work it enough. I also used MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) that I bough at Ace, it took the coating off in about 1 minute per side and cleaned it up really good, would have to recomend using it.

Great - I wish I had such an easy time. Not that I had any problems but i had to use tin snips and file it down. Congrats, let us know how it works when all hooked up.

Matt Morrison