Dyno Day email

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
Here is the email that I sent out to the folks who I know their email. If there is someone that I missed that cruises this board and you would like to go please let me know by responding to this thread.

thanks

Fellow TR owners,

Below is a link to Little Monsters for the dyno day. Dan has helped put
together some fun certificate style awards for the highest torque, most HP
and a hard luck award for that special someone that comes in dead last or
breaks something, Bill you were just a few days away for that award, hope
your up and running soon. Mike with Little Monsters has giving us his entire
day to do what we want to our cars for tuning in our combos. So, don't feel
pressured to get on and get off quick, nobody at the shop is in hurry to get
you out the door. Take your time to tune in your combo and get it right. If
someone has plans later in the day and needs to get on first please let it
be known so we can get you to the front of the pack.

Anyways, I still plan on having a BBQ grill on site with a pop up tent for
cover just in case it decides to sprinkle on us. I just plan on having a
cooler of sodas and hot dogs nothing special. There is no need to bring
anything except your TR and a smiling face. If you feel the need to pitch in
great, however, it's not expected. So far it looks like we only have 5 cars
on the dyno and 4 TR spectators. Friends are welcome to come but please let
me know if more are showing up so I can buy enough food for everyone. Also
if your friends want to dyno at the end their more than welcome to I just
want to get the first 5 done and what ever time Mike has left over there
more than welcome to take advantage of the special price of $65 with
wideband O2.

Mike Price, are you coming??? Geno can you persuade him to show? Also please
pass this on to Dennis Hogan I don't have an email address for him.

dynoing:
Dan H.
Dennis H.
Geno
Frank
Chris P.

spectating:
Roland
Mick
Adam N
Bill S.
Mike Viper GTS, maybe
Rob Modded Z06, maybe

have a good week and hope everyone can make it.

Just add the address you will be coming from and print the driving
directions. My number is listed below so if you need help with finding the
place just call me. I've also included Little Monsters ph. number below.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...lle&state=wa&zipcode=98270&homesubmit=Get+Map

we will start at 9am Saturday, March 1st.

regards,

Frank Shelton
PCS 425.829.0040

Little Monsters ph.

Dyno day.....a huge success!!!

Well, for everyone but me....;)

On the bright side, finally figured out why I was burning so much oil with my new engine. Turned out to be my "new" turbo. Thanks to all the guys who were there to diagnose the problem. I didn't (or refused to) think my brand new turbo could be bad, but it turned out to be the only problem. I should have a replacement in a few days....:) Special thanks to Frank for loaning me one of his spare turbo's and to Adam and Randy for helping out.

Congrats to all the participants. Everyone hit numbers higher than expected (with the exception of me, but I had a good reason) and I was truly impressed with everyones printouts. I will let each individual post their results, but I will say this. The shop record was broken by a TB in both HP and Torque today!!!

It was also a pleasure to meet a few more from the TB community here in the pacific northwest.

Did you get a chance to re-run after we swapped out your turbo? I only hope I can get my car done in time for the next go 'round ;) . If not sooner I will see you at TT this year. Thanks for all the fun today and you guys are all great.

:)Adam:)

Was it you Adam?

haha....I am horrible with names. Must be my old age! :D

I decided not to run it again since I there were a lot of exhaust leaks at the turbo. When I drove it around the block, I couldn't build any boost because of it. Funny thing happened after we were all finished. John P from Johns Performance (where I bought that TA49) showed up and so I was able to talk to him about the turbo going bad. He took the turbo with him and told me to call him on Monday about swapping it with a brand new one. Looks like I will have the new turbo this week and back in the car. I can't wait to see how this engine will run with a good turbo and no exhaust leaks. Should be a huge improvement.

Thanks again for your help. I never would have expected so much help from someone I just met, but that go's to show, the TB community is different than most. I have met some really good people since owning my GN.

Bill

Yeah, that was me:D . That's really cool that John is getting a new turbo isn't going to be a problem. Did you decide to go bigger than the 49? I did notice when we were putting franks turbo on that the downpipe flange was having trouble seating to the turbo:confused: . Maybe you'd have to loosen the downpipe-exhaust connection before tightening the upper. I don't mind helping out whenever I can, We're all in this TB thing together and I'm sure we all need a hand sometime . It's only a matter of time 'till it's me;) . I'm just really glad it was nice yesterday and We didn't have to swap it in the rain. I've got a link to the only on-internet pics of my car below, but I'm going to try to get more pics of my intercooler and MAF relocation stuff up somewhere later.

Adam

Sticking with the 49....

Decided that I have spent way too much $$$ on this car for now. If I were to get anything more than another TA49, then I would need to get more injectors, higher stall converter, probably a different fuel pump....and on and on.

I am pretty confident that 11's are possible with my current setup, which means I already should be looking for a cage. I prefer to tune for 12.00's and not spend anymore to get there. Maybe next winter I will rebuild my spare engine and go wild with it.

I think 400hp and 500ft lbs of torque is more than enough for a daily driver....;)

I thought that the Dyno Day was a huge success, and I personally had a great time and enjoyed meeting everybody and putting a face to the name.

Big thanks to Frank for organizing the event, and supplying the grub!:D And to everyone for showing up, and Little Monsters for aving us.

When's the next one? I am sure Bill is going to want to try to beat Frank's number's once he gets that new turbo installed (although he probably won't need as many pulls as Frank did to get it right .;)

Kurt will probably be ready to run again once he gets done buying all the things on his shopping list. If I can just convince him to get rid of those 42.5#'s, I'll be ready to try again...

Thanks again Frank!

Chris

Great job, Frank!

It was one of the best turnouts, locally, and everyone had a great time. A very good start to a lot of fun planned this year: drag strips, dyno tests, car shows, cruises, etc.

It's amazing what these little V6's can do. With just the simple, basic mods I have (exhaust, fuel, thrasher chip) my stock engine with stock turbo, injectors, intercooler, heads on 92 pump gas pulled 412 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels. Then Geno lays down 600+ HP and 700+ torque with his mighty stage engine. The shop guys were in absolute awe at all our cars' numbers.

Excellent time. Look forward to the next event.

I had a great time with all you guys and im looking forward to racing this summer:) Great job Frank and thanks for inviting me:cool: Next time i see you guys i hope its at the track and i will bring the RV and cook the burgers and dogs;) I cant wait for a nice summer night full of racing at the track and firing up the BBQ after the races. You guys have to come up to Mission because its a great place to run and its right on the river. I always bring the RV and anybody is welcome to show up:cool:

A big thanks to Frank for putting this together and doing his "good host" functions. The cars looked great, and did some nice numbers, including the "misquito killer" ......... gonna be a big difference with a usable turbo on there.

It was an enjoyable day, and I appreciate the invitation to watch. It was nice to meet new faces, and I look forward to seeing you folks again.

You guys are awsome!!!

What a great group of people! Truely "fast with class". I gotta tell selling my Mustang and and buying the Buick was a great move. It doesn't matter where you go the TR folks are all the same, fun people willing to help, it's like I found a new family outside my own.

Thanks for all the nice comments it was absolutly my pleasure to make the necassary arrangements. I do hope that more can be done during the summer whether its a cruise to Canada or TTIV; I'm looking forward to the next gathering.

We were truely blessed with a nice day. As Adam and Randy put it " God must drive a turbo". I would have to agree guys; rain on Friday, gorgous on Saturday and rain on Sunday. Wow! we lucked out!

Bill, looks like you and I have a direct competiton and a score to settle. I have to tell you though I'm sending out the PT-51 to have it punched out to a PT-54 so, you and I will have to have it out on the dyno when you get your turbo back.

Just for anyone looking at buying an Alky kit here was my comparison from the dyno in December on race gas to this past Saturday on just pump gas:

Race Gas...
26* chip
53psi fuel
30psi boost
378 HP
517 TQ

Pump gas and Alky...
20* chip
49psi fuel
24psi boost
388 HP
520 TQ

keep in mind I still have the stock intercooler.

*****disclaimer***** fuel pressure fugures are based on "my gauge" and may not be entirely accurate.

My opinion is that the Alky kit does work!:cool:

Chris P,

Is that enough of a test to warrant a purchase? Anyways where's those MSD50's? I'm in need;)

All,

See ya around and thanks to you all for taking time out of your day and showing up. I too had a GREAT TIME!

Frank

Frank needs to put a disclaimer with his numbers that his fuel pressure fugures are based on "his gauge" and may not be entirely accurate;)

I wish I could get my hands on those 50's. I will try to call Rod this week and ask him to do a little searching.

Did find a line on some 42.5#'s. Maybe I need to buy those and an alky kit and bring it up for some installation help!

Chris

How did I get dragged into this????

LOL!!! ;)

Did I miss something? Why are we competing against each other?

I guess I'm game. I will call PTE in the morning and make sure they send me a 54 instead. Heck, while I'm at it, I will also have them send me some 50# injectors and a handful of Lubrant chips!!! :D

WANT TO BUY :

3200 stall 9/11 converter

haha....this is going to be fun!!! Geno! hook me up with a cage!

hehe....oops!

I think I am getting carried away here! Frank, stop me before its too late! If my wife ever found out about this stuff, she would kick my a$$ out of the house for sure!!! :D

Frank,

Now that I've wrapped up the on-call stuff for work :D I wanted to
to say thanks for beig the "informal" host/M.C. of the event.

It was great getting to meet some of the local buick "posse" you, Bill, of course Dan. I also got to meet Mick M from Oak Harbor, Geno and couple of others as well.

Just wish I could of stayed a bit longer - figures just when Geno was getting his car on the dyno that's when the pager went off.
Oh well. I did end up going home stoked about ripping into my car to get the old cam swapped out.

Mike

Mike,

Rap-up that project! Gotta get back on the road and dial in the tuning, so you join us for a lot of fun this year.
:cool:

Mike

It was good to put a face with a name. Sorry for the many interuptions while trying to talk to you. I'm stoked that your getting you GN closer to getting on the road.

Need to be ready for TTIV.

Frank

Yes Mike....

You need to get ready for TT IV! I am doing everything I can to have my car ready. My car is running 100% better than it did at the dyno. As soon as I get my turbo back from PTE, the only thing left for me will be a 9-11 converter.