E-85/gasoline?

86 got boost

Im running a 50/50 mix w/ 93 oct.
now I had a fellow tech ask, if gas has an oil base in it and E-85 is thin like alcohol... would it seperate the 2 if it sat...... causing the E-85 to sit on top or vise versa???
I've read all the posts, but never had seen that question asked on TB??

Im going out in the garage Im curious if the 2 seperate after awhile, kinda made sense..... have the stuff in gas cans..

let me know what u think, if its been done or in process???

I have never heard of it separating. Anyone?
Conrad
"Hot Air"

I have never heard of it separating. Anyone?
Conrad
"Hot Air"

It will not seperate. The only thing to worry about when the mixture sits would be moisture build up. Since your running 50/50 you might not even have a moisture problem.

Take some 93 and some E-85 and put them in a glass jar and tell us what you see after a few days. :)

I just took a glass jar placed half an half of mixture...
It looked like freshwater being added to salt water when I added the 93 to the E-85, gave off the swirlly look, and as I sat and watched for 10 min. the swirls rising to the top to 2 inches down, the mix did turned yellowish w/ the gas as it would, the swirlling is still going on as Im writing, kinda looks like its having a reaction.
just curious I know once car is moved or pump kicks on gonna stir right away, but im thinking about hibernation season when old man winter roles in
an shes getting beauty sleep....

I just took a glass jar placed half an half of mixture...
It looked like freshwater being added to salt water when I added the 93 to the E-85, gave off the swirlly look, and as I sat and watched for 10 min. the swirls rising to the top to 2 inches down, the mix did turned yellowish w/ the gas as it would, the swirlling is still going on as Im writing, kinda looks like its having a reaction.
just curious I know once car is moved or pump kicks on gonna stir right away, but im thinking about hibernation season when old man winter roles in
an shes getting beauty sleep....

Hell just run the 50/50 out and fill your tank with 93 and store it. No worries right??

yes, but thats not the point im making, its an experiment question that has not been asked, and for some would be curious... and some wont know to do that till its been actually known.... did u test it? I mean come on u have people on here freaking on filters, I use fram never had a prob. used carquest, wix, not one change. not even problems w/ stock pumps by a number of people... and theres guys out there spending ungodly alot of money on fuel lines, pumps ETC. for what?
ok ETH. is erosive, is it a fact, dont know cant get a strait answer. gas has had 10% meth. for yeeeaaarrs
and the 2 are just as thin an the cars were made for it.
$1.89 compared to $2.41 is a nice diff.

Go further, does the 10% meth separate from the 90% gas in the storage tanks underground at the gas station? Sounds like a call to an engineer at any fuel company could answer for you and then put an end to your glass jar experiments. ;)

Who's great idea is it to run E85 on stock fuel pumps in GN's? They were so strong in the first place I'm sure an extra 28% more volume wouldn't cause the volume at WOT to suffer any.:(
I wouldn't use that persons recommendation on what pumps, lines and filters to use on 500+hp GN's over Aeromotive or Magnafuels, which BTW, don't recommend that route for adequate/safe power.

the "E" in "E85" stands for "Ethanol"..

"meth" as it is used in car related forums is short for "methanol"- which is a totally different thing.
there is no "meth" in pump gasoline.. but there is "ethanol".

methanol is highly corrosive and will quickly eat anything it comes in contact with- ethanol does not do this. here in MN, we've got almost 20 years of mandatory 10% ethanol in our gas, and i can tell you that i've never seen fuel lines rusted out or fuel pump diaphragms or any other fuel system parts dry out and fall apart due to coming in contact with the ethanol, and i've never seen any evidence of it gumming up carbs or fuel injectors.

I meant ethanol, not meth, my badd. We've had 10% ethanol here in IL since I can remember buying gas.

my fault not meth. its ETH did not realize what I was writing, mind is all over the place, doctors disabled me and been having axiety, some just piss u off when they have smart ass comments...
but so far it has not seperated at all, yet
letting it sit for awile, it was one of those things were "is it possible"?
SORRY, an right mike 10% cant see why u would have to convert anything but changing FP or AFR perimeters at WOT w/ being stock...
E-85 corrosive to paint, dripped on bumper, instantly faded...
dulled the hell out of the clear coat.

86 Boost, you ok??
You're melting down here and your 5th grade level posts are getting harder to comprehend.

BTW, I have a 69 GTO on E85, I know what I'm talking about but again....

CALL ANY FUEL COMPANY AND ASK FOR THEIR ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT!!!!

engineers don't know nothing. spent too much time in school with there heads in books they have never lifted a wrench in there life. you need someone who is hands on and knows how to experiment then he can tell the engineers what they need to know. yes I know what a double negative is.

OK did I say anything bad to u? NO then WTF is the 5th grade comment?
didn't know I was getting graded for how I write.
This is what I mean leave your eyes to wonder somwhere else.
It was a simple question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont like it DONT ANSWER IT!!!

and best WTF did anything have to do w/ your GTO?
comment at the end LEAVE IT OUT
I KNOW BUT AGAIN, who is 5th grade?
dont know who pissed in your cereal this morning but it wasn't me.
IT WAS A QUESTION!

my fault not meth. its ETH did not realize what I was writing, mind is all over the place, doctors disabled me and been having axiety, some just piss u off when they have smart ass comments...

Ah, sound familiar? I wouldn't be so fast to bring out the sword my friend considering my first post wasn't attacking your question like your reply was.

Now your contacts using stock pumps and E85 needed to get slammed. Ya, they have a clue and the Ninja needed to visit since it's the most insane suggestion I've heard about fueling needs concerning E85. But since some genius is running a stock pump on E85 it's ok and proves something??:eek: It must prove that some of us need to spend tons of $$ on what? Oh ya, maybe a properly thought out fuel system that meets and exceeds the needs of the vehicle.

Engineers don't know nothing??
They know enough to answer this question. Turbofabricator is an engineer and a guy who knows how to wield a tool, maybe he's the only guy to answer this question for some of you.

BTW, I did give an answer to this thread in my original post.

Does the 10% Eth in today's gasoline separate in the fuel tanks below the station?
I'd think engineers would be worried that if it did, and the Eth came to the top, that all the early fill ups would be WAY too lean causing possible lawsuits.

engineers don't know nothing. spent too much time in school with there heads in books they have never lifted a wrench in there life. you need someone who is hands on and knows how to experiment then he can tell the engineers what they need to know. yes I know what a double negative is.

God bless-it somebody who knows..... please come to work with me!

A.j.