E85 Goo, How To Say Goo Bye To It!!

Great................what about the other 8 months and the suppliers mix to the area???? Is there any solid info on the various mixes for markets based on weather and demand???

Hard to believe this thread has been around just a few days shy of 1 year, and since then I have worked on many e-85 cars, researched lots of info about e-85, and read lots of other web site discussions and have found lots of opinions and mis-information, as well as some good info from experienced people in the real world, and also from tech experts in this field.

Last year at SEMA I met with tech experts from Stabil and Joe Gibbs which are both responsible for development their respective gasoline and e-85 additives.

For years I have always used a gasoline stabilizer in my car that are driven little, and also in my e-85 cars since they were converted and never experienced any "goo", rust deposits or other issues traced to the fuel.

I just returned from SEMA where I had the opportunity to meet with the person in charge of the tech lab at Joe Gibbs which developed their product "Driven", which is fuel additive to prevent corrosion and clean deposits.

We discussed info I had collected over the past months of internet comments and opinions of which most was of no value, and some erroneous, and completely wrong as pertaining to possible causes of different issues.

He did state that the Driven product has specific additives, different than internet sources named, which have proven to be very efficitive in the gasoline/alcohol e-85 mixture preventing corroding or leaving deposits.

The "mating" of gasoline and alcohol also has many variables like quality of the gasoline, different additives in the gasoline which may react to the alcohol?

The rust-like deposits and goo are not a fuel issue, but probably something else going on in the system?

In my 3+ years with e-85 cars using Driven and Stabil additives, we have not any experienced unusual fuel or deposit issues. Will others, possibly?

I forgot where I saw it . I am not a expert by any means just thought it might have a effect on the Goo .

For us northern guys, e85 season is soon to begin. Pulled my injectors after three years on e85, the last year with Lucas stabilizer. Pics for what its worth.
20150312_164138.jpg

Mike, actually those injectors look pretty good. Soak them in some gas and will be clean as a whistle!

1 - Summer blend
2 - Summer/Fall blend
3 - Winter blend

Here's another chart, with all of the states.
E85_Regional_Chart.jpg

Mike, actually those injectors look pretty good. Soak them in some gas and will be clean as a whistle!
Thanks Jeremey. I was in the low 90's Inj DC at low boost (22psi) and thought the injectors were the culprit. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks Jeremey. I was in the low 90's Inj DC at low boost (22psi) and thought the injectors were the culprit. Thanks for the tip.

I'm experiencing the same issue with my 120's. DO you have more info on your injectors, and set-up.

120's also, -8 feed and -6 return, dual 340's from Racetronix. I wouldn't think I'd already be maxxing these out in a full weight GN.

et's are 11.40's to 11.50's as I dont have a transbrake and have to walk it out. trap speeds average 124-126 at 20lbs of boost as the duty cycle prevents me from turning it up more. Turbo isn't really working yet at that psi.
Turbo is an E cover 6765 dbb, non billet wheel.

I'd like to get upper 20's/30 psi of boost but gotta sort out the fuel situation first.

You running into the same high DC/low boost issue also? I considered 160's but guys have gone just as fast with much lower DC's so, on paper, my setup should work I'd think.

120's also, -8 feed and -6 return, dual 340's from Racetronix. I wouldn't think I'd already be maxxing these out in a full weight GN.
I'm running the same system but haven't finished my build and I'm beginning to wonder if the pumps will be enough.

You guys using "walbro 340's" (255lph) or those purple 340lph pumps?

I'm using the black and purple racetronix pumps
Yeah, 2 of those should be plenty more than enough to fill the 120's 100%, even without a volt booster or anything. Each pump can move more than 400lbs/hr worth of E85 at 13.5V / ~70PSI.

Nice!! That makes me feel better. I was getting ready to sump the tank and buy a magnafuel 4303.