E85 question

While he may not NEED to, the fact others had elevated fuel pressure at idle shows that there is jn fact a restriction in the flow. If you add more fuel flow the restriction will just get worse.

For the $100 or less it would cost to put in a new return line and adapters, it is kinda silly not to address the issue. Jegs Pro Flow 200 works with all fuels and is way more flexible than teflon lines.

Dont blame the line though.. its not the cause!!

Dont blame the line though.. its not the cause!!

Hey now.... I think we agree on most stuff.. and I *did* say that it may not be needed..

But I am curious what you think the cause of the increase in pressure is? My vote goes to the restrictive AFPR or the lines. What say you, good Sir?

Hey now.... I think we agree on most stuff.. and I *did* say that it may not be needed..

But I am curious what you think the cause of the increase in pressure is? My vote goes to the restrictive AFPR or the lines. What say you, good Sir?

Yupp ..ding ding ding .. we have a winner.. you hit the nail on the head ..
afpr on all of them ive seen.. that or kinked lines

Soon as you post up more pics of your car :)

Cylinder heads/ roller rockers/ fuel rails should ship monday :)

new race intake and valvecovers are on their way to my buddies place to be powdercoated candy blue :D

also waiting on my Varishock double adjustable rear shocks and my hellwig tubular front swaybar to arrive...and my front suspension pieces to be finished from the powdercoater ...once all that happens, expect some nice updates :D

i switched to E85 this year. A few things to think about that I found made a big difference.

Fuel lines for sure. I run -8 supply and -6 return. 450lph pump and 80# injectors. 25# of boost all day long.

Good ethanol additive/conditioner. E85 gets real gross if it sits.

Run a catch can or change your oil more often. Especially when it's cold out.

Find a good E85 station test the fuel and stick with that station as much as you can.

Winter E85 is different than summer E85.

Last edited:
i switched to E85 this year. A few things to think about that I found made a big difference.

Fuel lines for sure. I run -8 supply and -6 return. 450lph pump and 80# injectors. 25# of boost all day long.

Good ethanol additive/conditioner. E85 gets real gross if it sits.

Run a catch can or change your oil more often. Especially when it's cold out.

Find a good E85 station test the fuel and stick with that station as much as you can.

Winter E85 is different than summer E85.

What turbo are you running and torque converter? Have you run any drag strip time yet?

Haven't had it to the strip yet.

Running a TE62 with a 3200 stall in a Built TH400

I'm trying to get motor and 200r4 (with stock TC for now) together to run -8 supply and -6 return. 450lph pump and 80# injectors with TE-60 turbo and a little bigger then stock cam.

Would be good to hear how you run when you get there.

Those fuel lines are the way to go. I have more than enough fuel at 25#s. I've had it up to 29#s of boost with a .78 lambda at WOT.

I'm hoping to go to our local test n tune next Wednesday

Switched to E85 and front mount this year.
Last year dynoed 420 to the wheels. 93 and alky.
This year 540.
Same boost and 30 deg cooler.

How much boost?
AFR?
24#
11.0 afr
Was on my last log while tuning. Computer crashed while on the dyno. Couldn't get a log.

Attachments

• IMG_3191.JPG
    IMG_3191.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
24#
11.0 afr
Was on my last log while tuning. Computer crashed while on the dyno. Couldn't get a log.

very similar setup as what I had on my GN except I had 80's and ran a bit more boost, different pump, and smaller cam .. results were very similar

very similar setup as what I had on my GN except I had 80's and ran a bit more boost, different pump, and smaller cam .. results were very similar
Not sure what's in my signature now , but racetronix double pump, 120's and 210/215 cam.