E85 tuning help - car falls flat

I tried the pressure at 43 line off but it seems to respond better with higher pressure. I will need some advice on an ignition Module. I see that Kirban and Highway Star have them.
What is folks advice on the MAF ??
Go with a gm module... Do not use the aftermarket modules or coil packs.. Ditch the stock maf.. Ls1 with translator

20160413_180031.jpg

My issues with the car cutting out still exist. Here is the latest update. I updated the coil pack and module. They were from Highway Stars, the coil pack was a HO unit – the one for 49. The Module was a AC Delco unit. The plugs are gaped at 25. On the latest test I backed off the waste gate a turn as I thought that it might be fighting with the AEM electronic boost controller but the issues still exists. Here is a little more info that might help. When I roll on it the cars seem to behave fine(19 lbs boost) until I get to 80% throttle , as I go above that point the car seems to cutout, but the NB O2 numbers stay around 800 give or take. I stay there for a couple of seconds and has I lift the car wake back up. If I mash it from a near dead stop the car will run up to 10 to 12 lbs boost and the car cuts out and the 02 numbers are lower. It seems that whatever the 02 number are when it cuts out they hover around that spot.

What should I look at next ??

Check to see if there is any play in your cam sensor . I had a issue similar to your and my cam sensor gear was worn causing it to cut out .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    964.9 KB · Views: 163
+1 on the cam sensor. I thought it was electrical issue at first also, but pulled the sensor and the up and down play was huge.

Check to see if there is any play in your cam sensor . I had a issue similar to your and my cam sensor gear was worn causing it to cut out .
Do I need to pull the entire unit to check the cam sensor shaft play or other issues. What is the best method of checking this??

Pull the cap off and see if u can rotate the reluctor wheel . Then pull up and down if it's more then a 16th of a inch I would pull the sensor and check out the gear

I'm still stuck on it being a fuel issue. With the O2's dropping in conjunction with the stumble. This seems suspicious to me. Im pretty sure that the stock fuel line doesn't support enough flow for E85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen plenty of ppl run stock lines . It all comes down to how much power u r making . 400-500 u can get away with stock lines but they are pretty much done closing in to 500

I'm still stuck on it being a fuel issue. With the O2's dropping in conjunction with the stumble. This seems suspicious to me. Im pretty sure that the stock fuel line doesn't support enough flow for E85.

I originally thought it was a fuel issue. I upgraded the fuel pump to a dw 301 and upgraded the return line to a -6 . The feed line is stock and I was thinking stock line for the supply side should be ok. May be I need to look for a kinked line.

Check the easy and free stuff first. Good idea on looking for a kinked line. There's some pretty smart dudes that say to check the cam sensor also. Might be a good idea to check the driver side header - in one of your posts I saw you said your boost was dropping off. Basically look for any exhaust leaks from the exhaust ports on the heads to the exhaust outlet of the turbine housing.

the huge telltale sign that O2s were dropping at WOT, this means it is going lean. Your fuel pump may not be up to snuff to supply the fuel.

the huge telltale sign that O2s were dropping at WOT, this means it is going lean. Your fuel pump may not be up to snuff to supply the fuel.
i originally thought it was fuel related. I upgraded the pump from a walbro 255 to a dw 301, upgraded the return line. it seems to be rich at idle but lean when the boost come up fast. I still need to check the can sensor. I will get it up on a rack and see if I can find a kinked line or manifold crack.

i originally thought it was fuel related. I upgraded the pump from a walbro 255 to a dw 301, upgraded the return line. it seems to be rich at idle but lean when the boost come up fast. I still need to check the can sensor. I will get it up on a rack and see if I can find a kinked line or manifold crack.

I think you're on the right track with a fuel problem. Really should have a wideband and powerlogger on the car for testing. Seeing actual afr in conjunction with injector duty cycle is key.
At the very least a wideband stuck in the pipe.

Fuel starvation could be weak pump, bad wiring or ground, kinked or clogged line, restricted filter or even a blocked tank vent. A lot of variables..