easy way to make an E85 blend

novaderrik

today i saw the coolest thing for those of us that mix E85- the E85 pump at the local Cenex had 3 different buttons you could push. one said "E30", the next said "E50", and the third said "E85", with the price adjusted according to the blend. i knew they were talking about getting a pump like that- but the $10k price tag was thought to be too much. i guess they found a way to make it worthwhile..

today i saw the coolest thing for those of us that mix E85- the E85 pump at the local Cenex had 3 different buttons you could push. one said "E30", the next said "E50", and the third said "E85", with the price adjusted according to the blend. i knew they were talking about getting a pump like that- but the $10k price tag was thought to be too much. i guess they found a way to make it worthwhile..

Wow that would be cool. Where do I get one :biggrin:

That is what they call a "blender pump" my friend! I wish I had one nearby!

Here's a little tid-bit for you (not that you care), it's illegal to use anything other than E10 or straight up gasoline in a vehicle that isn't a FFV (flex fuel vehicle).

You can actually get arrested/fined. :)

One more thing - I've seen a few studies that indicate better fuel mileage using E20-E30 compared to straight up gasoline. Figure that one out!

That is what they call a "blender pump" my friend! I wish I had one nearby!

Here's a little tid-bit for you (not that you care), it's illegal to use anything other than E10 or straight up gasoline in a vehicle that isn't a FFV (flex fuel vehicle).

You can actually get arrested/fined. :)

One more thing - I've seen a few studies that indicate better fuel mileage using E20-E30 compared to straight up gasoline. Figure that one out!

i get the exact same mileage with a half a tank of E85 mixed with half a tank of 87 octane. any more alcohol, and mileage takes a nose dive.
i figured i'd post this here so all of you guys can start nagging your local gas stations to get one of these nifty pumps.

We've had blender pumps in our area for quite a few years now. The problem with them is that the cost per gallon is not a straight ratio of the cost of each of the 2 fuels. You end up paying more than if you would just grab an e85 nozzle and a 100% gasoline nozzle and mix your own.